Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrs O has a new name.

I've had the call, she's coming this week sometime and am pooping myself as I'm very unprepared and only have myself to blame but that's another story.

She seemed very nice on the phone. I mentioned Mrs O's real name to my childminder mates at the group today but she's well known to them and they have a different name for her.

HITLER.

If I wasn't scared before then I am now. I must've heard 10 different horror stories about this lady *wah*

Please, someone give me a *pat pat* and tell me it's going to be all right.

x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will find that most inspectors are very different at pre-reg to when they are inspecting you.

Read through the pre-reg booklet and write up a list of questions... take a deep breath...

And let us know how you get on

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you will be fine, hope all goes well.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I'm sure it will all go well. Hx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I too had heard horror srories about my inspector before she came but she was lovely with me...I think they all get assessed afterwards now via a questionairre that is e mailed to you afterwards(they do in my area anyway) so maybe she will be worried you give her a bad review so she will be nice to you

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My prereg inspector was really lovely - fast forward a couple of months at cm group a minder had just had her first inspection with her and was so angry at her 'awful' inspector - which turned out to be the same woman. Im sure you'll be fine !
    ( pat , pat )

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had my pre-reg, this is the BIG O. I'm still not prepared! I've been minding for almost 5 months so I should really have something to show for it, paperwork wise. I fretted about my pre-reg inspection too but it turned out to fine, I'm hoping this'll be the same. My pre-reg lady was adorable, I wish I had her this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let other people's opinions put you off before the woman has even come through your door. Keep an open mind, you may not find her anything like you've been told she is.

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people come out with these stories at this inappropriate times? Don't panic, go through your learning journeys and paperwork, make sure they are up to date. Make sure everything is generally clean and that you have a variety of toys and natural objects.

Some inspectors are more thorough that others but I think they are the better ones to have as they give very welcomed opinions about how to improve and what is good rather than the more relaxed ones who barely look and don't care.

Ofsted just wanna help. maybe have a look through your preparing for inspection booklet?

Good luck xxx
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pats, people. Daft how a few nice/sane/wise words from strangers can make someone feel better. And thanks for the luck. I'm still undecided whether to go out for the day with the little people and pretend she's not coming

Jo x