Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rising 5 query

Registered Childminder since
    sept 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rising 5 query

Hello, I am due to start looking after a LO who will be starting school in Sept, mum wants before, after school and holidays.
    He will be 4 in June, i also have another LO whom ive had since a baby who will be 4 in Aug, again starting school in Sept, plus a 3 year old.
    I know they are classed as rising 5`s once they are in fulltime school, the bit im struggling with is.....Do OFsted give you a variation on your certificate to reflect the rising 5`s and would that allow me to have another under 5 at the same time as the 2 rising 5`s and the 3 yr old.
    Hope that makes sense

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a sentence they add to your certificate to say that children in full time school are classed as 5... you need to give them a ring and make sure your certificate is up to date if you don't have a new one

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

yes my certificate has a bit that says 4 year olds in full time school are rising 5's so if yours does then you can have 2 addtional under 5's.

xx

June 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I contacted Ofsted, as my own child is not 5 until Sept 5th, and my niece is 5 in December. You can guess how worried i was. They told me soon as they are both at school, they come off my under 5 ratio, and assured me i could fill there places. Phewwww!!! x