Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default leaving children when mrs o is here

Hi

So im due my first inspection any time now and was wondering what to do when i pop to the toilet when mrs o is here. i would normally put mindee 9mths in the activity station and leave my boys aged 3 and 13mths playing on the floor or take them with me whilst i run to the loo. my house is child proof and my 3 year old will shout if my youngest tries to climb on something but what do i do if im being inspected. i would never leave any of the children alone with anyone else here. i would take mindee upstairs and put him in ds1's cot and leave my boys if it was my partner/mum here but i cant safley take 2 babies upstairs whilsts i wee lol.

what does everyone else do

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't go!!!

But believe me it's the first thing I do as soon as I shut the door behind her! !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely do what you normally do - OFSTED inspectors are CRB checked.

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do what you usually do. They say to pretend they aren't there, don't they?! Mine are all around 17 months now and I leave them when I go to the toilet or have to pop up to put my dd to sleep. when they were younger I put them in playpen/walker/highchair to keep them out of trouble but I know I can trust them now..

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I should just say that I usually leave the bathroom door open so I can hear them but I wont do that when Mrs O is here

Penny1959 Guest

I had to go - in fact twice I just asked Mrs P if she was ok about being alone with the children (from her personal point of view - just because she is CRB - does not mean she would feel comfortable being alone with the children) I explained that I would normally leave them down stairs - but could take them up with me - just as I do when non CRB people visiting.

Mrs P was fine about it - and nothing terrible happened either while I was gone (baby crying / someone hurting another one and so on)

So if you need to go - go - far better than a puddle on the floor or being so uncomfortable that you can not think when asked a question.

Good Luck

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

When she first arrived I explained what my normal procedure was then asked her as she was crb checked if it was ok if I did leave the room was it ok to let them carry onplaying instead of interrupting their play as she was present in the room mine said it was fine

onceinabluemoon Guest

I was told on mu ICP that you should not leave the inspector with the children at any point. So I contacted Ofsted to check that the inspector was CRBd.

When I had to leave the room to go upstairs to put the baby to bed/get her up I told Mrs O that I had been told on my ICP not to leave them so had contacted ofsted and was told it was ok. Mrs O was a bit put out that I was told so much that was not true on my ICP but was fine that I left the other child playing as I normally did.

I would be inclined to say that you know she is CRBd to be around young children and wouldn't normally leave the child around a visitor unless you knew they were CRBd (or whatever you do) just to show you have thought about it and dont go leaving kiddies with visitors willy nilly