Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection next week!!!

I know there are loads of posts on here about inspection advice but now it's my turn to ask?!

Mrs O is coming on 13th or 15th December. In some ways it's nice to have a week to prepare but part of me just wants it over with!

I think my paperwork is ok it's just now down to how it goes on the day.

I will have mindee (9months) and my two boys aged 4 and 2. Any suggestions for activities to involved them all that might just impress the inspector??!!

She said she will arrive by 10.00 and it will last 2 - 3 hours. I have to leave at 12.30 to take my son to nursery - do you think I should get someone else to take him or hope that she's done in 2 and a half hours?? I don't want to feel stressed over lunch and be clock watching hoping she's nearly finished and wondering if we'll make it to nursery on time!

Couple of questions - is it an absolute no no to leave mindee in a room on their own? eg to make a drink, get something etc.

Mindee always cries when put in his cot for a sleep, he does it a home too - what will their response be to this??

Do you think I should put the Christmas tree up or leave it until she has been? (Would I need to RA it if I do?!)

Well, I wonder how many more questions I will have before next week!!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Penny1959 Guest

Default Re: Inspection next week!!!

This is my advice based on my experience (check my hello post for details of my experience) BUT just my view I am not Mrs O!!!

Leaving children in another room - it is ok but need to be able to see or hear at all times - Do you have baby monitor or can you hear / see anyway? Do you check regularly if away from room for few mins (ie if Mrs O follows you into kitchen and starts asking questions)?

Crying to go to sleep - my mindee does this - and did so on day of recent inspection (I made comments to other mindee - so Mrs O knew my procedure - 'We will just read this story and see if M asleep when finished - she always has a little cry when tired doesn't she')

Christmas Tree - I do not do seperate risk assessment - as covered in general safety of environment. However if put up - and an issue arises would note in my diary - the issue and action taken.

Activities - whatever you normally do - (if free play that is fine). But more importantly things the children are used to, enjoy and linked to their interests and stage of development. Best not to do anything too messy that needs lots of cleaning up or new activities that children may not like or will find stressful.

Hope this helps - I am sure others will have different ideas - so read ideas - and do whatever you think meets you needs and the childrens needs.

Penny