Confused about numbers???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused about numbers???

I have 3 children eldest 6 at school, middle daughter 4 starting school sept Youngest 2.

certificate say no more than 3 children under 8 years. not more than two in early years group not more than 1 under 1. Then my 3 makes 6 children in total.

I was under the impression that my middle daughter was classed as over 5 when goes to school even though she wont be 5 for month or so.

But on certificate it says at bottom the early years group is children from birth to 31st august after their 5th birthday???

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confused about numbers???

It is 31st August i'm afraid.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gem View Post
    I have 3 children eldest 6 at school, middle daughter 4 starting school sept Youngest 2.

certificate say no more than 3 children under 8 years. not more than two in early years group not more than 1 under 1. Then my 3 makes 6 children in total.

I was under the impression that my middle daughter was classed as over 5 when goes to school even though she wont be 5 for month or so.

But on certificate it says at bottom the early years group is children from birth to 31st august after their 5th birthday???
    i queried this with ofsted yesterday as i have 13,11 and a 4 yr old thats startin school sept too, they said he would be classed as a rising 5 so it will free up a under 5 for me if that makes sense,
    X SUEZ X

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

if shes in full time school then shes classed as a riseing 5, that means that she is classed as five. thats wot iv been told any way.thumbsup:

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

if shes in full time school then shes classed as a rising 5, that means that she is classed as five. thats wot iv been told any way.thumbsup:

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If she will be at school full time from Sept then she is rising 5 (counted as over 5 for ratios)

If she is part time school (mornings only) then she is still under 5 for ratio - or that's the way I see it?! So if birthday falls between Christmas and Easter hols and she goes full time in Jan, she will be rising 5 in Jan
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone she goes mornings for 2 weeks and then starts full time so she must be classed as rising 5 after that.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Confused about numbers???

I was told a while ago that a child is a rising 5 once they start full time school....but term time only!

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karensmart4 View Post
    I was told a while ago that a child is a rising 5 once they start full time school....but term time only!
    no karen, my dd turned 5 in june but when she started school she was a rising 5 and io questioned ofsted and once they are attending school full time then she is classed as 5 (rising 5) as otherwise this would casue lots of childminders asking for variations every school holidays.

hope this helps

xx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaja View Post
    no karen, my dd turned 5 in june but when she started school she was a rising 5 and io questioned ofsted and once they are attending school full time then she is classed as 5 (rising 5) as otherwise this would casue lots of childminders asking for variations every school holidays.

hope this helps

xx
    Ah brilliant, thanks for that

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karensmart4 View Post
    no its all the time my daughter is 4 and in reception and doesn't count as under 5 even in the holidays, i've had my certificate changed that states that a 4-5 year old in full time education isn't included in the early years age but if I was minding instead of her being mine i would still have to follow the eyfs and do all the paper work

ring ofsted and ask for them to change your certificate