Registration visit
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration visit

Hi, I am new to this forum - I have worked in childcare since leaving college at 18 as a nursery nurse. The past 6 years have been within a special needs school. I now have 2 children aged 3 and 9 months and feel the time is right to go solo

I've had my 'registration' visit today.... the inspector stayed 3 hours!!!! (not sure if this is normal) and did a thorough 'interrogation' of myself, and a quick check of the house. I was trying to keep my two children happy at the same time whilst she was firing lots of questions at me. Could anyone tell me does this happen at an actual inspection - or are you left to do your usual activities and they are more 'observers'??

Anyway, she said my policy's and proceedures were pretty much spot on and was impressed i'd made a start at looking at planning and already put together detailled risk assessments, and daily, weekly and monthly checklists. She has granted me full registration for 6 children (well 4 as i already have 2)

A massive thanks to this forum already, i've been browsing on here for months now and have picked up lots of tips and advice x

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Registration visit

thats brilliant hun, well done indeed

x x x
    Jennie x x

Oct 10
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations

3 hours!!! wow. What kind of things did she ask? To make it last 3 hours. I'm due mine next week.

Sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, well done!!

I'm due mine next week too... ) Curious to know what she asked for 3 long hours!!

xx
    Happy days

june 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, yes it was a very very long 3 hours!!
    She maybe spent 30/45 mins or so at first just browsing at all my policies and proceedures and planning.

She then asked me what made me want to be a childminder, and then started asking lots of questions (taken from the booklet they send you) - what is safeguarding? How will i promote inclusion? Am I confident in recognising abuse? How will I promote language skills? How will I differentiate activities? etc etc.. and then went on to ask questions on the EYFS (so make sure you have a basic understanding of this!)

After that she stated some things that I had written in my policies - and then asked how i would impliment these. Like for example I had written that I would take into child's interests into account when planning... she asked how I would do this when there are several children attending. She also gave me some senario's and asked me to describe what I would do.

She then finished by a quick inspection of the house - about 10-20 mins max

I have no idea if she was a picky inspector, but I was quite shocked by the amount of questions I had... and the time she stayed!!