Had my inspection yesterday, I'm inadequate, but....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Had my inspection yesterday, I'm inadequate, but....

Well hopefully Maz you find heaps of information in our nice friendly forum so you will knock them down with the knowledge that you learn from us mad friendly lot

Hope you are enjoying the forum so far ?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    sep o3
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

After my inspection it went on my report that I had breached a regulation after complaining to ofsted they admitted i hadnt.It took four months for them to remove it i had also had a letter saying i could have been prosecuted.It was in relation to the fact that i didnt just put the contracted hours .If someone was late or less time i was just charging for the time the child was minded I think they should be more concerned about do the parents and children like you and does the childminder like children.
    I also think its time they provided a simple list of regulations no one usually takes a test or exam without having an idea of what might be included.If i had known if a child is only with you half an hour but is contracted for an hour you should put an hour or its a fire risk!!! Iwould have just been doing that already i had been really happy as a childminder and wanted to do well in the inspection .I had done every possible policy lots of other folders had lots of photos But i need a list of their regulations all childminders do i think!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    After my inspection it went on my report that I had breached a regulation after complaining to ofsted they admitted i hadnt.It took four months for them to remove it i had also had a letter saying i could have been prosecuted.It was in relation to the fact that i didnt just put the contracted hours .If someone was late or less time i was just charging for the time the child was minded I think they should be more concerned about do the parents and children like you and does the childminder like children.
    I also think its time they provided a simple list of regulations no one usually takes a test or exam without having an idea of what might be included.If i had known if a child is only with you half an hour but is contracted for an hour you should put an hour or its a fire risk!!! Iwould have just been doing that already i had been really happy as a childminder and wanted to do well in the inspection .I had done every possible policy lots of other folders had lots of photos But i need a list of their regulations all childminders do i think!!!!
    I totally agree with you Heather - it is very hard for any of us to really know what Ofsted expect from us... and the goal posts seem to change depending on where you live and which inspector you get, which makes it even harder.

Being a member here helps though - it's like a think tank for lots of minders from all over the country. We share ideas, help each other, best practice, what ofsted have said etc...

Welcome!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i am confused heather

if i have a child for an hour contracted time but they arrive 15 mins late and go 15 mins early and i charge the parent just for the half hour they are here surely that is what i should put on my register

if i put they arrive at 8 but they haven't arrived until 8.15 then that is the fire safety risk surely
    or am i getting this **** upwards

sorry but i've only just started using a register and want to check that what i am doing is right. if my mindee is booked to come at 8 and comes at 8:08 then that's what i put on my register
    Help i am confused now

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    i am confused heather

if i have a child for an hour contracted time but they arrive 15 mins late and go 15 mins early and i charge the parent just for the half hour they are here surely that is what i should put on my register

if i put they arrive at 8 but they haven't arrived until 8.15 then that is the fire safety risk surely
    or am i getting this **** upwards

sorry but i've only just started using a register and want to check that what i am doing is right. if my mindee is booked to come at 8 and comes at 8:08 then that's what i put on my register
    Help i am confused now
    You are right Mandy. It is the time they arrive and leave your house that you log - no matter what the contracted time is. The NCMA book is slightly misleading and I am sure I have read somewhere they are changing it.
    Annie x

Post Thanks / Like

If you are confused mandy then so am I

You should put on the register the time the child arrives and the time he/she leaves - it has nothing to do with the contracted times - the time you record should be exact. Or at least that is what I understand

As for what you charge I don't understand that at all it's outside Ofsted's remit

miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always put down to the minute what time the child is actually in my care, no matter what the contracted times are. The attendance log is to CYA in case of an accident or allegation. I had a minder friend who was pulled up by OFSTED for rounding up or down to nearest 5 minute mark (instead of 8:37, she'd write 8:35).

I'm actually worried about 1 little guy I look after because his time is always precisely on the dot (8:30am-12:00pm) and that is because I pick him up and drop him off and am always bang on time. I'm afraid OFSTED will question it!
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post
    I always put down to the minute what time the child is actually in my care, no matter what the contracted times are. The attendance log is to CYA in case of an accident or allegation. I had a minder friend who was pulled up by OFSTED for rounding up or down to nearest 5 minute mark (instead of 8:37, she'd write 8:35).

I'm actually worried about 1 little guy I look after because his time is always precisely on the dot (8:30am-12:00pm) and that is because I pick him up and drop him off and am always bang on time. I'm afraid OFSTED will question it!
    One of mine reads 8.30 - 12.30 every day and is only different in school hols when he is supposed to be here until 2.30 so that says any time between 2.30 and 3 . That is because I pick him up on my way to school and drop him at nursery but mum picks him up during hols. The inspector didnt question it.
    Annie x

Post Thanks / Like

I am the same - I have a parent who always drops off at 8.00am exactly! Ofsted didn't query it

miffy xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have the same and I just explained that as the parent lived in the next road from me she was always on the dot.

She seemed happy with my explanation.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

1/10/86
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I used to:laughing put the hours that the parents paid for unless they were absent . but i was told that you have to put the exact time they arrive and leave. So now when the children arrive I dont have time to say hello I have to rush to the clock to see the exact minute.
    Maz

1/10/86
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I used to put the hours that the parents paid for unless they were absent . but i was told that you have to put the exact time they arrive and leave. So now when the children arrive I dont have time to say hello I have to rush to the clock to see the exact minute.
    Maz

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maz 123 View Post
    Hi I used to:laughing put the hours that the parents paid for unless they were absent . but i was told that you have to put the exact time they arrive and leave. So now when the children arrive I dont have time to say hello I have to rush to the clock to see the exact minute.
    Maz
    this is what NCMA keep harping on about we HAVE to put the EXACT time they arrive and depart so why is an ofsted inspector saying different what a load of hehe

I have put a digital clock in the hall and grab the attandence book and am writing in the time as I answer the door, then when they leave the door to go home I write the EXACT time they leave, can be up to 15 mins after the arrive, I had never noticed before

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh this thread thread has got me worried. For one Mindee thier contrated hours (which they pay for) are 8am - 5.30 they only actually use me for 9'ish until 4:15'ish

Am I going to get pulled for this? In my attendance register I write the actual time the arrive/leave
    Buttons xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123