GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default variation

Hi there i am new to forum hope someone can help

i am registered for 3 undre 5s at the mo with 1 under 1

At present i have

my own daughter who is 3 and at nursery in the morning

another 3 year old who is at nursery in the afternoon
    so basically only one at time apart from a 20minute overlap.

I have received a call today from a lady who has 2 children aged 10 months and 2years 6 mth who she cannot find a minder for.

What do you think the chances are that ofsted will grant me another under 5 space so i can take these 2 on.

I would have them all in school holidays and also a wednesday afternoon.

any help greatly appreciated
    thanks
    carol

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: variation

You could try but TBH its usually only granted for continuity of care or for siblings.

Otherwise all minders would be applying for extensions to have more children.

As I said you can try but unless its for an existing child to extend their hours etc I wouldnt be too hopeful.

Maybe someone else has different advice though

xxxxxx
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like, except for that 20 minute overlap, you would only have 3 under 5 at one time. I think you are in the same boat as me. My registration says I can have 2 under 5 because my daughter is the third place. However, because she is at nursery every morning, I have been granted permission by OFSTED to have another child in that time slot. Luckily for me, his mother works mornings at a playgroup so their times do not overlap at all.

All you can do is put it into writing to OFSTED, explaining in detail what your request is. I'm not sure how they'll look at that 20 minute overlap in which you would have 4 under 5s but all you can do is ask. Give them as much detail as you possibly can about how you will care for those children, including things like double buggies (if you are doing a nursery pick-up), reins, how far from your home you are likely to be walking.

Good luck!

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to apply for this variation, you could word it that you have one of them already or have had in the past and that now there are two of them mum wants you to have both. I know this is probably strictly not true but Ofsted would not know that or need to know.

Others may disagree with being slightly dishonest, but Ofsted can be so difficult to deal with sometimes that I find you have to bend the rules occasionally.

Sarah

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I would just ask "slightly dishonest" who would know!!!!! K

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsar3NCH View Post
    If you want to apply for this variation, you could word it that you have one of them already or have had in the past and that now there are two of them mum wants you to have both. I know this is probably strictly not true but Ofsted would not know that or need to know.

Others may disagree with being slightly dishonest, but Ofsted can be so difficult to deal with sometimes that I find you have to bend the rules occasionally.

Sarah
    thanks for your replies i had thought of what you said about saying i have had one of them already. its just so annoying at the mo i am desperate for more children and all the calls i am getting is for more than 1 sibling.
    I had a call yesterday for 3 days a week for a little girl of 2 starting now and then her twin brother and sister starting in sept . By sept i will only have my own daughter who will be 4 and is at nursery 5 half days which would mean i will still be over my numbers but i have asked her to come and see me as we may be able to sort something out.
    So fingers crossed she is coming on Friday

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miss muffit View Post
    Hi I would just ask "slightly dishonest" who would know!!!!! K
    Ofsted would find out as there is always someone ready to trip you up
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey1 View Post
    Ofsted would find out as there is always someone ready to trip you up
    Oh yes! I totally agree... I am not in any way having a go at you miss muffett but having been on the receiving end of a totally malicious complaint last year, I would say that every single thing you do where Ofsed are involved has to be totally right in this day and age

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    Oh yes! I totally agree... I am not in any way having a go at you miss muffett but having been on the receiving end of a totally malicious complaint last year, I would say that every single thing you do where Ofsed are involved has to be totally right in this day and age

I think there are several other members who would also agree with that having had malicious complaints made against them

Miffy xx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlecherubs View Post
    thanks for your replies i had thought of what you said about saying i have had one of them already. its just so annoying at the mo i am desperate for more children and all the calls i am getting is for more than 1 sibling.
    I had a call yesterday for 3 days a week for a little girl of 2 starting now and then her twin brother and sister starting in sept . By sept i will only have my own daughter who will be 4 and is at nursery 5 half days which would mean i will still be over my numbers but i have asked her to come and see me as we may be able to sort something out.
    So fingers crossed she is coming on Friday
    You would be in with a chance of getting a variation in September because the twins are siblings of the LO you would already be looking after so it would be classed as continuation of care. But you would have to make it clear that Mum would have to move LO from your care if you were unable to look after the twins.

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berkschick View Post
    You would be in with a chance of getting a variation in September because the twins are siblings of the LO you would already be looking after so it would be classed as continuation of care. But you would have to make it clear that Mum would have to move LO from your care if you were unable to look after the twins.
    yeh i thought that. she is coming tomorrow whith the children so i will see how it goes and explain everything to her