Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted inspection ouch!

I think if her descision isn't resting easily with you then contact her again. You may feel short changed about it and resentful for a long time if you don't give it a try. Maybe the inspector will even expect you to contact her, especially if she kept saying you won't like her descision... You had to prioritise in a situation like that, if you ignored the older children to do EYFS would have neglected them, risking their health and safety. You sound like you are doing an amazing job - having all-round happy customers, well done!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted inspection ouch! thanks for replies

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I can understand that, but if that's the case she shouldn't have come through the holidays. If she wanted to do a purely EYFS inspection, she should have done it at a time when you only had EYFS children.
    It seems as if you've been penalised for her coming at the wrong time.
    I completely agree with you. You should be very proud of your good grade but I would still feel a bit annoyed tbh. I would maybe say something. You sound like a fab CM!
    Georgina x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    OFSTED are so full of inconsistancies, depends on who you get on the day!
    That is so correct!!! I thin kyou should appeal if you feel so very strongly against it. I would. Espcailly after she said she would give you all outstandings if it weren't for the older children.

Were the older children impacting your care of the little ones? Was the fact you were looking after over 5's putting the other children in danger? Nope, I bet.
    I feel very sorry for you, the reason being, that your inspector told you that you would have been outstanding, and told you the reason why and the reason why was not fair at all!

Besides, you must have done exceptionally well to get a good with outstandings parts. Well done you!!

(lately I have noticed a lot of members are disappointed with receiving a "good" and I can't fathom it - a "good" is a very high grade to get. Let's not forget it)

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would appeal if I was you, how can she comment you are outstanding and not give it?

Ofsted need more training and more understanding of the real world

Allie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12