Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When to notify Ofsted

Hi Ladies, Apart from if I give up minding, move house, have a child who needs hospital treatment or I receive a complaints against me, when else do I need to Notify Ofsted ? Cant get my head to work today (who am I kidding? can't get it to work any day )
    Any advise gratfully received
    June

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When to notify Ofsted

Can only think of food poisoning or anything on the reportable list. Oh and a death
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I knew it was somewhere!

I've taken this from my e-book 25 paperwork and the Eyfs.

It's a list that Ofsted gave a friend of mine.

Hope it helps!

INFORMING OFSTED

The following are all specific legal requirements or statutory guidance of the Early Years Foundation Stage and can be found in the relevant welfare requirements. Thank you to Lucy for asking Ofsted the question.

Significant changes – ‘when there are any significant changes within childcare Ofsted asks the providers to notify Ofsted. In the occurrence of events or changes, written notification must be made:

• Where it is reasonably practicable to do so, Ofsted must be notified in advance of the event occurring;

• In all other cases as soon as reasonably practicable, but not later than 14 days after the event has occurred.

A registered provider who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with this requirement, commits an offence.’

Safeguarding (EYFS. pg22) - all providers must notify any child protection agency (usually local children's services or the police) previously identified by the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), without delay, of allegations of abuse.

Registered providers must inform Ofsted of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the premises (whether that allegation relates to harm or abuse committed on the premises or elsewhere), or any other abuse which is alleged to have taken place on the premises, and of the action taken in respect of these allegations.

Illness and injuries (EYFS, pg26) - registered providers must notify Ofsted in the event of any serious accident, illness or injury to, or death of, any child whilst in their care, and of the action taken in respect of it.

Providers must notify local child protection agencies of any serious accident or injury to, or the death of, any child whilst in their care and act on any advice given.

If providers have reason to believe that any child is suffering from a notifiable disease identified here - http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1988/Uksi_19881546_en_1.htm, they should inform Ofsted.

Health - providers should act on any advice given by the Health Protection Agency and inform Ofsted of any action taken. A link to the Health Protection Agency's list of notifiable diseases is provided on the EYFS CD.

Food and drink (EYFS, pg27) - registered providers must notify Ofsted of any food poisoning affecting two or more children looked after on the premises.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank You both

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Also if something major happens like you lose a child in a shop for a while or something like that - got picked up on that on my policies & procedures at my inspection!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Thank You Spangles