Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    waiting
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1.5 hour problem :)

Hi,

I need a bit of advice ... like always any way
    I was wondering if any of you had the same problem...

I have few kids and one of the mum needs to extand hours and this make proble of 1.5 hour ... I supposed to have 2 children under 5 and for 1.5 hour I would have to have 3 ... What to do?

Shell I call Ofsted and ask them what to do ... One of my parents is very respecting all regulation etc so I need to sort this out some how but If I wont be able to do sth I will lose contract ...

Please help

Kat

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1.5 hour problem :)

Yes, you will have to call Ofsted and ask them if you can go over by 1.5 hours. Can't see that it will be a problem. Good luck.

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a variation for 2 under ones for 1.5 hours a day, no problem, it's always worth a try isn't it?

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you need to ring ofsted as soon as possible. It sounds like you have a good case for a variation to allow you to have 3 children for that overlap time as you will be providing continuity of care for your existing mindees. Ofsted will need you to give the full details of the children that the variation affects and how you can show that you are able to care for their needs (health and safety, sufficient highchairs for meals, sleeping arrangements, safety on school runs and other outings etc). When you ring ofsted they will tell you whether you need to send in a letter with this information or if they need you to fill out a variation request form (different ofsted regions seem to operate different rules)
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere

feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have that problem soon. I have an assistant who can start work at 930am on tuesday, and the child arrives at my house at 8. It is only for a few weeks while the assistant is handing her notice in. I will have to write to OFSTED again for a variation. Good luck to you too.

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Ofsted, I'm sure it will be fine. Let us know the outcome.

xx

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    waiting
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I called today... Ofsted said send a letter please ... so now I am on my letter ... any advices?
    I asked what chances I have... She said she can not say ...
    I asked how long it will take ? She coildnt say as welll... so Everything depends on my letter...

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Hi,

I called today... Ofsted said send a letter please ... so now I am on my letter ... any advices?
    I asked what chances I have... She said she can not say ...
    I asked how long it will take ? She coildnt say as welll... so Everything depends on my letter...
    I have to write for variations too, some places are happy to do it on the phone.

include your reg number and make sure you sign it as they will ust send it back.

Clearly state the ages you have and the times you ened to overlap .. if it were me I would ask for 2 hour overlap so you are also covered is a parent is late picking up.

Usually I get a phonecall after a week from Ofsted to discuss the change then they say yes or no as a verbal agreement but its still better to wait until you have your new certificate. (especially with having a parent who knows the rules)