4 YEAR OLDS IN FULLTIME SCHOOL!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 4 YEAR OLDS IN FULLTIME SCHOOL!

yes i think its dreadful.

I am definatly going to make more calls on monday and will keep you posted.

I have to say though if you get something positive in writing keep hold of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lou xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

there's nothing like clear and conscise explanations and this is nothing llike a clear and conscise explanation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    there's nothing like clear and conscise explanations and this is nothing llike a clear and conscise explanation

Miffy xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG beware OFSTED! Forums members on the warpath!

Sorry girls that you are all going through this!! It reads to me like someone is going to say "Ha April Fool"!!

It just seems so different to how we work. I keep the same inspector for as long as she is in the job. I am in constant contact with her and she sends me regular emails to see how I am getting on and if I have any questions!

I have asked her this question in the past and she confirmed to me that children do not change catergories simply because they are on holiday from school. BUT they are CSSIW rules and not OFSTED.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you get it sorted. I shall be watching with interest.

amanda xx

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its the same up here in Scotland too apparently. I got caught out in November on a spot check to be told I was over my numbers. Because daughters not yet 5 until March but at school .
    Fiona xx

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is the case there are going to be a lot of 4/5 year olds without hol childcare places in the hols. It will happen to me, 2 of my under 5s are starting school full time from October but wony be 5 til Feb 09 and Aug 09 so therefore counted as under 5s in hols til Sept 09. I have to replace them when they go to school but won't be able to have them in hols as I will be over my numbers, even with a variation I could only have one of them.

I am so mad that they can cock up this badly

Sarah

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is terrible !!!

I care for my full quota of under 5's and 3 over 5's ( or i thought they were ! ) and my own two are 10 and 12 yrs.

The 3 over 5's are 1 x 5 1/2 yrs, 1 x 5 last sept - so i suppose not really 5 till this september coming and 1 x 4 yrs who will be 5 in july but in full time school - but i presume not classed as 5 until this sept

If this is the case then i am going to be 2 children in the under 5 bracket over my numbers during the school holidays

Or does this not count as they are not my own children I am sooo confused , I think i will also ring ofsted on monday ........... look out ofsted !!!!

I think if this is the case there are going to be a lot of childminders over their numbers in the holidays and ofsted will be flooded with variation requests !

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Where in the national standards does it make this distinction between your own child and a mindee................cos I can't find it!

I really don't think this is correct - you can't have a child changing categories simply because it is school holidays.

Barmey!!!!!! Bet you don't get this in writing tasha

Miffy xx
    It doesn't say it at all in the standards and to top it all off the bloke i spoke to at Ofsted said (i quote!) 'unfortunately the standards are a little vague!' What a F**** ridiculous thing to say! They expect us to play by the rules, but Ofsed have a rule book that obviously has as much use as a chocolate F***G teapot!!!!!!!!

Sorry all but after starting this thread, i'm going to have to leave cos i'm getting to the point where i will scream and wake my daughter!!!!!! Ofsted

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ofsted said if i wanted it in writing i was to email them with my query & they would email back the response....get typing girls!!!!

OFSTED! Emma...they said it was not their fault the standards were not clear on this point & this was a point to take up with the publishers...not OFSTED!
    Tasha

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

It just makes no sence at all

My ds turned 4 in March(06), and I got a change in my reg for 2 under 5's (have dd too)

So like OP my dd is 4 in August, I'm sure thought NCMA have been trying to sort this Sept then tune 5 thingy in EYFS so childminders are expemt, I was looking forward to dd starting full time in Sept so I can have 3 under 5's.

I wonder ........................................

Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have asked my development worker about this subject today, and she said it does not appy in our county? How does that work then? Good for us here in Northants, but not so good elsewhere. How can it be one rule for one and another rule for someone else? Crazy!!!
    Donna

jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG was counting on dd being classed as 5 in sep when she is only 4 birthday 25 aug. can only have 1 under 5 at moment(that is if i get any1 )defently keeping an eye on this thread.

Pipsqueak Guest

OMG I am confused - let me get this right

Come Sept 08 and the hallowed EYFS

If YOUR OWN child is age 4 and in full time education for term time ONLY they will be in the 5-8yrs ratio bracket. They will be classed as "rising 5" until their 6th birthday?
    Out of term time they drop back down to the 4 year old ratio/bracket.

So this does not apply to minded children?
    We will have to apply for a variation (for our own child) to cover ourselves in the school holidays.

Hope I have got all that right? Please feel free to correct me. I am off to read pg 51 (or which ever it is) of EYFS in a minute.

Well this is a monumental balls up of the first degree for a) not notifying people clearly and concisly as they like us to be) b) what a load of utter tosh

If we are getting a letter together - can someone put the wording (template letter) on here so we can all email OFSTED please.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellym3 View Post
    OMG was counting on dd being classed as 5 in sep when she is only 4 birthday 25 aug. can only have 1 under 5 at moment(that is if i get any1 )defently keeping an eye on this thread.
    so yuor the same as me then

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    OMG I am confused - let me get this right

Come Sept 08 and the hallowed EYFS

If YOUR OWN child is age 4 and in full time education for term time ONLY they will be in the 5-8yrs ratio bracket. They will be classed as "rising 5" until their 6th birthday?
    Out of term time they drop back down to the 4 year old ratio/bracket.

So this does not apply to minded children?
    We will have to apply for a variation (for our own child) to cover ourselves in the school holidays.

Hope I have got all that right? Please feel free to correct me. I am off to read pg 51 (or which ever it is) of EYFS in a minute.

Well this is a monumental balls up of the first degree for a) not notifying people clearly and concisly as they like us to be) b) what a load of utter tosh

If we are getting a letter together - can someone put the wording (template letter) on here so we can all email OFSTED please.

It's utter come on clever people at writing letters I wil def send one off, mybe we should start a petiion on the govement web thingy

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god this is a problem I won't have

Charley started full time school last Sept and was 5 Oct

Mitchell starts school in Sept and is 5 beg Nov

But what about the children who are 5 but cant start school until the term after fifth birthday?

This happened to my friend, so what ratio is she in?

Confusing isn't the word

Carol xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    Thank god this is a problem I won't have

Charley started full time school last Sept and was 5 Oct

Mitchell starts school in Sept and is 5 beg Nov

But what about the children who are 5 but cant start school until the term after fifth birthday?
    This happened to my friend, so what ratio is she in?

Confusing isn't the word

Carol xx
    Gosh does that happen anymore? My poor little ds will have his school uniform on a few months after he is 3!

amanda xx

Post Thanks / Like

I will do the letter tomorrow for Ofsted about this

If anyone wants their name adding to it you will have to pm your full name please

Some of you have already done it so thanks

Angel xx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Gosh does that happen anymore? My poor little ds will have his school uniform on a few months after he is 3!

amanda xx
    They do in parts of Oxford, so glad we moved before Charley went to school.

The little ones do look really really cute in their uniforms though and it brings a tear to your eye

Carol xx

Pipsqueak Guest

If this is the case then perhaps we should all start insisting that our children do not actually start school till they actually turn 5 - they will have to start doing the different intakes throughout the year again then! Pah (in one of them moods tonight.

Have pm'd you Angel - thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast