Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: all start from 0 cycle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post
    Just had a look at the inspection dates you listed up there on the ofsted website, if you read the one from march, seems they got inadequates in there inspection, which is why they would have recieved one 6 months down the line!

hope that calms the fears !
    I agree from reading the reports...

Reg no. 153237

date of inspection......31/3/08

The quality and standards of the care are inadequate - notice of action to improve. The registered person does not meet the National Standards for under 8s day care and childminding.

This was with 3 satisfactories and 2 inadequates...

date of inspection.......29/9/08

All satisfactories.

Are you sure this is the right person's reports?? The childminder with this registered number lives in Guildford.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've asked the question and have been told yes, we are all starting from 0 so you could have an EYFS inspection anytime from now up to the 3 years since you last one (unless you got inadequate when it will be sooner)
    Pauline x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My DO had a meeting with Ofsted this week and she tells me that they are trying to get through the new pre-reg first. At the same time they are working through childminders in rotation but COULD call up anyone at anytime

Beware!
    Debbie

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thank god its friday!!!!! looks like i'm in for some paperwork over the weekend
    ah well, could be worse.... couldn't it.... ok so i was expecting an inspection in jan/feb at it'll be 7 months from registration, but its not like they're monsters, well my pre-reg woman wasn't.......... i think i'm in denial!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    but its not like they're monsters, well my pre-reg woman wasn't.......... i think i'm in denial!
    They aren't, the majority are lovely, maybe the odd one takes things too literally but most are great

and at the end of the day what is the worst that can happen? You won't get inadequate because you are trying to do everything and know the rules, and to get Satisfactory means you are doing everything right.

I think we should petition for Satisfactory to be changed as it does not reflect the hard work that minders do to achieve it
    Pauline x

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a letter from my Childcare Development Adviser , which states this:

" Please note that the Ofsted inspection cycle has started again Ofsted are now inspecting on a 3-4 year basis. It is no longer the case that if you had an inspection in February 08, for example, that you will not get inspected again for another 3 years. Now that the inspection cycle has started again form September any childminder could be inspected in this 3-4 year cycle at any time."

So there you go.
    Guess what, I have been registered for a year now and have not had my inspection yet!

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had heard something about this at the EYFS training done a while ago so I got the paperwork out that we were all given and in the notes I made was told by the tutor that "anyone can be inspected at any time from the 1st September 2008 in line with the EYFS as it had been decided that they would start inspection cycle from 0, but in reality most people should have their inspection anytime within a time period of 0 - 4 years". I had forgotten about this until it was mentioned on here. The person delivering the training ( I shouldn't mention names of course because I have not spoken to her about it), is very high up in early in my area of the midlands so I suppose she should have some knowledge of it.
    So yes I think we can all expect the call at anytime and not take it that it will automatically be 3 years after our last one.

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been registered 6mths today and not heard a thing yet, although I had to ring Ofsted up yesterday re a variation so I guess I could have put myself in it!!
    Last edited by mandy moo; 24-10-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: took out color
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read through all the responses (so apologize if I am repeating what someone else has already said) but it's always been a 3 year cycle. Every 3 years, it starts all over again and your name could get kicked out at anytime. Previous inspections dates have NO bearing on when you'll get inspected again. What might play a factor though is your grading. I have heard they are keen to do Satisfacotries first and then move up but that's just theory. Actual fact is that our names get spit out of a copmputer system in completely random patterns and it started all over again in September.

I brought this up a long time ago actually in an old thread.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post

I brought this up a long time ago actually in an old thread.
    Yeah but we never listen to you
    Pauline x

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive emailed Ofsted asking for an answer to this debate, will post it when ( and if ) I get a reply

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    I think we should petition for Satisfactory to be changed as it does not reflect the hard work that minders do to achieve it
    Here here. I totally agree! Who's in charge here?!! xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but we never listen to you
    No problem, I'm used to that. At least it's out there now.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a childminder in my area who had her last inspection in Aug 2005 and she had Satisfactory and 3 improvements to be done before next visit.

Unless she has slipped through the net ....surly ofsted would inspect her before one that has had their inspections a months or so ago

I will be very cross if i have another inspection, before she has hers
    Last edited by miss muffit; 26-10-2008 at 10:56 AM.

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    Sarah has her head firmly in the sand

I've never heard of this tbh... all the messages coming from Ofsted say that the only reasons they will break the 3 year cycle is if there have been complaints or if they are following up on unsatisfactories or concerns from the previous cycle of inspections.

They may have changed their minds I suppose, but it's unlikely because they are catching up from industrial action over a pay dispute... plus they are busy with learning about Eyfs and all the pre reg visits etc.

I wonder if the person you were speaking to didn't tell you the full story Andrea?
    I hade my inspection in August and was told three years unless the had reason to do it earlier. I hope thats right i havent even looked at the SEF yet!!!!
    Nicki xx

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As promised, my reply from Ofsted x

Thank you for your e-mail.

The new inspection cycle began on 1st September 2008 and replaces the cycle that was in place when your inspection took place in November 2007.

We will normally inspect newly registered providers within a short period after registration has been granted (if you have children on roll). After that inspections are carried out once every three or four years.

However we will prioritise inspections where:

• The last inspection concluded that the quality of the childcare or nursery education had significant weaknesses
    . There have been significant changes since the last inspection, such as appointment of a new manager, high staff turnover, or in the case of childminders, a change in premises.
    . We receive information, such as a complaint about the childcare.

The outcome of each inspection is presented in a report to the provision, and is also displayed on the Ofsted website www.ofsted.gov.uk usually within 15 working days.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Ruth Molyneux

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123