Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: all start from 0 cycle

Hi I have not heard anything about this, but it could be true as I have only been registered for 1 month and thought I was safe for 6 months till my inspection, but I had a phone call from Ofsted today asking if I was minding any children yet and I said no, and they said I had to call them when I start.

Not sure if this is just a routine thing they do to new childminders or if I had of said yes I did have children that it would have been an inspection .

I will look into this as it would be nice to know.

Thanks Kelly

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Even my NCMA co ordinator is saying this is the case so it is coming from somewhere high up
    Pauline x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

dear forum friends thank you for reading my thread, i realy didnt want to worry anyone just wanted us all to know what had happened in my network,

like one member said ,,, we are working so hard im sure we will all do well in an inspection,
    and i think we or rather ME is worried about letting the side down,
    too many reports about bad childminders and not enough reports about us hard working dedicated childminders that have put up with the changes over the years and are still working harder every day, ON OUR OWN,

well,,, we not alone anymore as i relised tonight i have a forum family and we are very greatful to the members who support us newbiees, to thoes who started this forum and are a full members from all the rest of us
    Thank you xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annie337 View Post
    Are you an inspector or married to one. You always seem to reply to Ofsted threads without giving links or sources? Just wondered.
    I just have one locked in the basement! they won't try giving me satisfactory again!

son77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post
    I just have one locked in the basement! they won't try giving me satisfactory again!
    Really?!

Can we all pay him/her a visit to get our own back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by son77 View Post
    Really?!

Can we all pay him/her a visit to get our own back
    He requests I'd have to do a risk assesment for each person / sharp object carried down there! naturally i'd oblige but that's alot of paperwork!

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post
    hi joe , didnt want to sound cross on my post,
    Inspectors prob do visit forums like this to see what we are feeling, thinking and doing to improve our services?

it would be nice if inspectors looked at us as the careing people we are and how hard we work!

we are not large nurserys or schools with staff cleaners, cooks, lunch supervisers, office staff, care takers, locksmiths (dont ask lol)
    we are a one man band all singing and dancing ,

the SEF mentions the word CHILDMINDER once, we are not 2nd class childcare we are 1st class as we work more one to one than any other setting.

with out this forum i would have packed in a few weeks ago and im still finding it all overwhelming but im working hard because of moments when a little girl huggs me and say "I Love You, Thank you xxx"

i love this job think we all do but it would be nice if Ofsted understood us and if we could have our own SEF and inspection style and not judged the same way as schools and nurserys.

sorry to go on a bit , its been a hard week , moving in with sarah707 for a while ... she dont know it yet but im packing my bags and gettin a bus ticket in the morning ,,,

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea08 View Post
    moving in with sarah707 for a while ... she dont know it yet but im packing my bags and gettin a bus ticket in the morning ,,,

I'll arm wrestle you for the spare bed

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    I'll arm wrestle you for the spare bed
    You two fight it out for the spare bed. I am sleeping next to her in case she talks any pearls of wisdom in her sleep.
    Annie x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hay you two how is it that a very serious thread ends up with bed swopping does sarah even know we are fighting for her

dear twinkles and annie
    i have dibs first , the woman knows everything, she goes hunting childminders and poaches us from other forums and then keeps us addicted to this one lol, she doesn't sleep or rest, her brain is full of answers to tell the truth i think she secretly works for the goverment

ohhh lets drink and be merry as tomorrow is an other day,

sorry sarah only joking its coz we love youuuu

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hay you two how is it that a very serious thread ends up with bed swopping does sarah even know we are fighting for her

dear twinkles and annie
    i have dibs first , the woman knows everything, she goes hunting childminders and poaches us from other forums and then keeps us addicted to this one lol, she doesn't sleep or rest, her brain is full of answers to tell the truth i think she secretly works for the goverment

ohhh lets drink and be merry as tomorrow is an other day,

sorry sarah only joking its coz we love youuuu
    That's fighting talk Andrea.
    Annie x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

pistols at dawn hun pmsl

does sarah even know we fighting for her lol no joke it is good to cool things off with a good laugh this job can be hard enough and i have the grey hairs to prove it.

i ,, when joined the forum , was surprised how many of us needed help and support, still not sure who the BOSS is ?/ is it a lady called PAULA?

wish i could come on your christmas DOOOO, joined too late and its too far away but ill rase my glass with you all on the night, we need a thread on the same night /one of the party gowers will have to keep us informed xx

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

pistols at dawn hun pmsl

does sarah even know we fighting for her lol no joke it is good to cool things off with a good laugh this job can be hard enough and i have the grey hairs to prove it.

i ,, when joined the forum , was surprised how many of us needed help and support, still not sure who the BOSS is ?/ is it a lady called PAULA?

wish i could come on your christmas DOOOO, joined too late and its too far away but ill rase my glass with you all on the night, we need a thread on the same night /one of the party gowers will have to keep us informed xx
    Pauline is Da Boss. You dont want to upset her. Once she turned the forum off and made us all .........................................

DO IRONING.
    Annie x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

SHE DIDNT OMG

no little man on all 4's kissing ground pauline walks on,,,
    she must know how addicted we are how could she do that to you?

ohhhh pauline the wise one we praise you for your kindness and wisdom we offer fruit at 5-a-day your forum friends are kind and helpful,

this is no p''/'[ take we are very greatful i realy dont know where i would be if sarah had not found me n sent me ere,

every1 has helped with obs forms /parent permission forms and loads of gd stuff and coffee breaks in the jokes room,

wish i could meet up with the people on ere x

Post Thanks / Like

wish i could meet up with the people on ere x
    We're meeting in Brum before Christmas

Miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And Cheshire Oaks for those who can make a daytime get together

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=17463

Why not come along for a gossip? It's not that far from you...

M55... M6 past me ... short hop on the M56 down to the M53...

All motorway and probably just over an hour...

july 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

a minder in our area had hers in june and got outstanding,she had a phoncall last week to say that she should expect a visit this month, she questioned them as to why if she got outstanding she was being inspected so soon as she also had been under the impression that it would be done newbies, satifactory,good etc in that order ,the reason her inspector gave her was although in theory they are doing it in that order, as it is as new for them as it is for us they need to redo outstanding, good etc so soon so that they can get a broad spectrum of settings to work with to make sure that they are being fair to everyone, i guess what this means is if you got good 6 months ago they think you are probably "good" still, but need to reinspect to make sure their grading works still (iyswim), also i think it depends on the area and inspector, i had mine monday and 2 of the local pre-schools were also done this week all by the same inspector also my sons primary school but by different inspectors.

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    And Cheshire Oaks for those who can make a daytime get together

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=17463

Why not come along for a gossip? It's not that far from you...

M55... M6 past me ... short hop on the M56 down to the M53...

All motorway and probably just over an hour...
    oh sounds good but all thoes motorways not very good on them BIG trucks n bad weather im a wimp lol but ill look out for a get together closer to home i might start a thread later and see how many live in my area, we have good pubs and restarants so i could temp some people to come?

hope you dont mind the banta sarah lol

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look at the inspection dates you listed up there on the ofsted website, if you read the one from march, seems they got inadequates in there inspection, which is why they would have recieved one 6 months down the line!

hope that calms the fears !

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i spoke to my local ncma co-ordinator ... she and none of her collegues have heard anything! she was going to chase however, and let me know what she found out! i'll pass it on!

x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast