Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ofsted re-starting inspections

Ofsted have been quiet recently - you still need to keep them updated about serious accidents, any staffing changes and new 16 year olds / people in the household and they are re-starting PRE-REG inspections at the moment.

They will not re-start routine inspections while the disapplications to the EYFS are still in place - the disapplications are up for review and will most likely end on 25th September.

It will then be a couple of months before they start normal inspections.

Priority will be given to RI / inadequate grades and other urgent re-inspections.

I hope this helps...

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thanks.

... one question ... I was due an inspection by the end of the current cycle ...obviously this hasn't/ won't happen. Do you know if/ think that those of us in this situation will be just put back in the mix for an inspection at some point in the new cycle, or will they be trying to 'catch up' with those who were due?

I'm currently graded outstanding if that has any bearing on your thoughts? I know 2 other outstanding childminders in the same boat! We were all at 4 years or more since our last inspection!

X

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As i understand it you will be one of the first Loocyloo as all overdue inspections from the previous cycle will be done first ong with inadequate/RI
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    As i understand it you will be one of the first Loocyloo as all overdue inspections from the previous cycle will be done first ong with inadequate/RI
    Thanks.

I'd rather get it 'over and done' with, rather than waiting on tenterhooks for another 4 years!

5. Likes Maza liked this post