How long til your registration shows up?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    nanny/childcare
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long til your registration shows up?

Hiya,

My first post here so hopefully I am putting it in the right place.

I am a child carer who works at the childs home, a nanny I guess you would say (so sshould I be on a child minding forum? lol )

I started working with a family back last August and the registration process for OFSTED started then as she is a single parent on Universal Credit and she could get her childcare part paid for her.

Anyway, fast forward to today and she owes me £2000 in unpaid invoices... (she agrees that she does) and she has been paying me minimal amounts up until now. She quit her job (the joys of childcare) before christmas so I am now not looking after her children..... I am guessing that Universal Credit won't think highly of her for quitting her job!

Now the real question I am asking....

Today I finally got my OFSTED registration certificate, with my URN on it but googling, I can't see that it has my registration logged anywhere. Has anyone any idea how long it will take for me to be able to google and find my OFSTED registration please? I don't want to send my ex familes mum to the job centre if my number is not on the system..

Also I have been given my a security token so I can look at my registration but I can't work out where I need to type the number.....all I get when I log into OFSTED online is the bit where you can register for the childcare register, pay etc.. but nowhere to put this number. any ideas?

sorry for my rant, I hope it is sort of understandable to someone

Emma

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to childcare and the Ofsted system!

I suggest you ring Ofsted and make sure they have added you to their website...

In the meantime you need to be paid - you can approach the small claims court as long as you have a contract - or your insurance company might be able to help.

Take care and money up front from now onwards!!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to sort out your back dated pay as soon as possible, how is this parent going to pay you if they are not working now, are they hoping they will get it back dated from the job centre as I don't think it works that way. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    Pixie Dust

Non childminder member
    nanny/childcare
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,

sorry for the delay in replying, I have been hit by the cold bug that has been going round.... The joy of working with kids eh?? (I am still a lunchtime assistant at a school)

Yes she is hoping to claim it back again, she is on univeral credit and was working so could have claimed it back BUT of course now she isn't working, so to be honest I am not sure if she can now claim it back. I am still really puzzled as to why she quit her job as it would be part of her conditions for Universal credit I am guessing.

I am letting her try to claim it back again and give her til she next gets her UC money, as if they are going to give her any back then they will do in that payment. If this then doesn't happen then I will be taking it further. She does agree that she owes me the money and I have it written in messages between us that she agrees that. Sometimes It can be hard to explain things to her as she is Polish and English is not her naitive tongue (but she understands and speaks english)

I have also messaged OFSTED about my registration..... lack of voice meant it was easier to message than ring them.

Thank you again for your replies
    Emma of LOC x