Hi all
I've been registered 25 months and I had my first graded inspection yesterday. She had initially called me on Friday asking what children I had what day. I was to expect her monday to thursday. When she arrived yesterday after initial introduction etc she informed me I had broken the rules in regard to continuity of care on the tuesday as Ofsted have no record of me notifying them of my variation. She went onto tell me i was unlikely to get higher than a Requires Improvement due to the variation and failing to notify. I tried to argue the case that I had to satisfy the inspector, not notify ofsted but she insisted they should have a record of me telling them of this variation which is for 4 hours on a tuesday. WHen I have these 4 I am satisfied that as they are the only children present their care isnt affected i've risk assessed and covered how I met all their needs and all eyfs parents have read and signed.

She was very satisfied in my setting towards the end and she I know I cant share my grade but day wasnt as devastating as I expected, and she said my teaching was verging on outstanding and that I am a fantastic storyteller which was nice to hear.

The thing is I'm going to be devastated if my report mentions that I havent upheld the EYFS due to this variation because I dont agree that I was wrong. I've read that document cover to cover and can honestly say I follow it to the letter.

Where do I go from here?