Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DBS Check

Registered Childminder since
    June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DBS Check

Hey,

I have completed a DBS check but it seems that it's not going to be accepted by Ofsted...To ensure I don't make the same mistake again and so that I don't spend any further money where it's not needed, can you please let me know where you get your DBS checks from?

I've had a google around but honestly it's confusing me left right and centre as I thought I had it sorted!

Do I need a Standard one or does it need to be enhanced? Would just a general DBS check be suitable for my other half as i did one for us both.

Thank yoooouu!! x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1502 View Post
    Hey,

I have completed a DBS check but it seems that it's not going to be accepted by Ofsted...To ensure I don't make the same mistake again and so that I don't spend any further money where it's not needed, can you please let me know where you get your DBS checks from?

I've had a google around but honestly it's confusing me left right and centre as I thought I had it sorted!

Do I need a Standard one or does it need to be enhanced? Would just a general DBS check be suitable for my other half as i did one for us both.

Thank yoooouu!! x
    You have to obtain yoru DBS via the Ofsted website - which will redirect you to Capita. it must be an enhanced DBS and you must sign up to the on-line checking service. This appplies to anyone living or working on the premises.

hope this helps

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you got the wrong one! Always ask us if you are not sure.

The dbs check is here - Ofsted DBS Application - Security Watchdog - Step One

Ofsted have also opened up a FB page to guide pre-reg childminders through the process - Childcare Registration | Facebook

I hope that helps

June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

I had googled it so many times and the same one kept coming up so...I went with it!

Oh well, lesson learnt!

Thank you x

Post Thanks / Like

Default retaining a DBS

Can anyone advise if the DBS once registered and on the update needs to be retained ? i have lodgers and was under the pretext i could not keep their DBS as it belongs to them. I read the GOV.com advice and it says not to keep more than 6 months...so i destroyed all paper copies of my lodgers keeping mine and my husbands. Have i done the right thing ???