"Requires improvement"
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Requires improvement"

It seems from reading local reports that more and more settings are getting "requires improvement" sometimes after a satisfactory of inadequate grading. What happens, do they get a few months to rectify it and if they don't they get shut down?? I can see lots of childcare spaces going if this is the case, it's great that they're driving up standards though.

2. Likes rickysmiths, Ripeberry liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they get a list of actions that have to be done by a certain date and they have to inform the Inspector what has been done by when.

I have noticed a number of people on FB etc getting RI which is sad because you must be missing very basic legal requirements to get this rating which is very sad. We actually don't have that many basic requirements to adhere too.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted figures show that grades are improving!!

If a cm gets requires improvement they have to correct things quickly - but Ofsted don't re-inspect until the next inspection cycle which causes a lot of problems for funding ...

Quicker re-inspection is something we have lobbied for with Ofsted but they say they simply don't have enough money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ofsted figures show that grades are improving!! If a cm gets requires improvement they have to correct things quickly - but Ofsted don't re-inspect until the next inspection cycle which causes a lot of problems for funding ... Quicker re-inspection is something we have lobbied for with Ofsted but they say they simply don't have enough money

yes I see lots of "outstanding" reports too, I just wondered what they do about those that RI. It's great they're recognising good settings but equally good they are cracking down on the inadequates too x

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

My local authority is quite small. Although we do pay for our courses, it's not too hard to get first aid training, safeguarding courses, etc. We have very few RI grades.

If you read the RI reports often they say that the childminder has no valid first aid certificate or insurance.

If the OP looks at her local spiral on Watchsted, hopefully you will see that standards are rising. My local spiral is very green.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my spiral shows 75% good , 8% outstanding , 15% RI and 2% inadequate. Thats a bit of a surprise actually , certainly my closer locality has a much higher rate of outstanding cms. Maybe its all down to the support we offer each other...
    Does anyone use the 'perspective lite' part on watchsted. the front page says its for schools and childrens centres , but on the next page its says its available for early years providers too.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My local authority (that I am moving to) doesn't even show up on watchsted. I emailed them weeks ago about it and they just ignored me

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of Watchsted. I'll have to have a little Google later.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Does anyone use the 'perspective lite' part on watchsted. the front page says its for schools and childrens centres , but on the next page its says its available for early years providers too.
    I think you can look up reports by inspector on this, but we can't access it, but children's centres can.