Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Legal help

Registered Childminder since
    08/13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Legal help

Hi all;
    I just received a phone call from my estate managing company.( I live in an ex council house blocks)
    They have neighbours complaining about my business and I then checked my deeds and it said that I can use the house only for a family to live in.
    I am now obviously worried about the business;
    Can they shut me down?
    I never thought childminding was a traditional business that you can't run from home... Right???
    I own this house by the way and didn't buy it off the council.
    Some of the complaints where about parking and driving in at drop offs and I dealt with that, e. G parents don't drive in anymore.
    However I can't deal with the noise we create..
    I am out a lot but when we are in we obviously create noise;
    Anyone out there who can give some advise as I am meeting with the company next week to discuss complaints...
    Thanks
    Irina

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you with Pacey? They give legal advice.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I advise you to speak to a legal advisor / planning advisor ... these things can be very complex and planning do have the power to shut you down.

I also suggest you inform Ofsted what is happening before someone else does x

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Irinavollrath View Post
    Hi all;
    I just received a phone call from my estate managing company.( I live in an ex council house blocks)
    They have neighbours complaining about my business and I then checked my deeds and it said that I can use the house only for a family to live in.
    I am now obviously worried about the business;
    Can they shut me down?
    I never thought childminding was a traditional business that you can't run from home... Right???
    I own this house by the way and didn't buy it off the council.
    Some of the complaints where about parking and driving in at drop offs and I dealt with that, e. G parents don't drive in anymore.
    However I can't deal with the noise we create..
    I am out a lot but when we are in we obviously create noise;
    Anyone out there who can give some advise as I am meeting with the company next week to discuss complaints...
    Thanks
    Irina

Look at the Terms and Conditions that apply to living in the estate.
    Is childminding allowed? did you look into this when you first registered?
    does your own home insurance cover you for childminding?

If you belong to any representing association...such as PLA, Pacey or ICM... they all have a Legal Team which can support you....give them a call and ask for help

If people are complaining they may complain to Ofsted but parking is not really a reason to do so to Ofsted...it needs sorting with those living on the estate.
    We all create noise...we all have neighbours who can be noisy ...it is a question of tolerance...don't let them put you down.

This can be worrying but seek help and support as soon as you can