Ofsted inspection with no children on roll
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted inspection with no children on roll

Hi, I have my inspection on Monday and currently only care for children before and after school. My inspection is well overdue and I am gutted that its the first time that since starting minding I have no early years children. I will not be taking on any more early years children as I am currently training to become a ta. My question is what am I required to have in place as I am rather confused as to what they will want to see. thanks in advance.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pollyw View Post
    Hi, I have my inspection on Monday and currently only care for children before and after school. My inspection is well overdue and I am gutted that its the first time that since starting minding I have no early years children. I will not be taking on any more early years children as I am currently training to become a ta. My question is what am I required to have in place as I am rather confused as to what they will want to see. thanks in advance.

This is the latest Ofsted Handbook for Early Years' inspections...page 6 should help you with your question

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...september-2015

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you, I have already read the information in the updated handbook. I am not sure if the most suitable option would be for me to just stay registered on the childcare register but not on the early years register. if this is the case would I need to inform my inspector before the inspection and will I still be inspected in the same way? Really confused as to what route is the best to take! thanks

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank you, I have already read the information in the updated handbook. I am not sure if the most suitable option would be for me to just stay registered on the childcare register but not on the early years register. if this is the case would I need to inform my inspector before the inspection and will I still be inspected in the same way? Really confused as to what route is the best to take! thanks
    If you come off the early years register and decide in a few months to take on a younger child I think you would have to register again. Its also more expensive just to stay on the childcare register
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

My understanding is that there is no point in handing back your EY register if you are thinking of moving on to become a TA.....it will make no difference to what you need to have in terms of insurance but your Ofsted fee would increase

If you have no children on roll for the EY register you will be inspected only to judge if you meet the requirements...so just simple paperwork and no judgement on CIF, teaching etc.

When the inspector called you she should have asked some preliminary questions to prepare herself for your inspection...did she not ask you if you had EY children on roll?

Good luck...I am sure it will go well and all the best for your TA position.