Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default DBS checks and cleaners...

PLEASE NOTE - THIS OFSTED ADVICE HAS CHANGED - 07.09.2018

***INFORMATION ABOUT DBS CHECKS AND VISITORS***

This will affect A LOT of childminders –

People connected with Ofsted-registered childcare - GOV.UK

Ofsted state: Inspectors will take into account whether or not people (not only cleaners) who work on your premises are doing so during childminding hours. If they are in your house or on surrounding premises when the children aren’t there, you don’t need to inform Ofsted to carry out checks on them. As with many other parts of our inspection we are looking to you to see how you’ve risk assessed your own particular circumstances.

However! If they are there when you have mindees: anyone (cleaner, gardener etc.) who works (regularly) on the premises whilst childminding is taking place will need to complete an enhanced, home based DBS check for them and then they will have to complete the Ofsted 'reporting new adults in the home' form (previously EY2).

You will then have to wait for their Ofsted suitability letter - the letter Ofsted send out to state they are suitable to work on the premises - before they are allowed to be unsupervised.
    Last edited by sarah707; 01-03-2021 at 09:48 AM. Reason: New guidance received

2. Likes Rick liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Useful to know :-)
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Non childminder member
    Cleaner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To DBS or not to DBS

Hi all,

I am a part time cleaner in a nursery run from a large domestic home.

The children are supervised 100% of the time.

I am told OFSTED are insisting on me having an enhanced DBS check and have actually graded the nursery as inadequate due to my not having one.

I did contact the lady Sarah had the reply from but she is now working as an inspector and has given me the Early Years Team email address which seems to have been incorrect as it bounced back to me.

There seems to be some inconsistency in this area.

Non childminder member
    Cleaner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nursery cleaner View Post
    Hi all,

I am a part time cleaner in a nursery run from a large domestic home.

The children are supervised 100% of the time.

I am told OFSTED are insisting on me having an enhanced DBS check and have actually graded the nursery as inadequate due to my not having one.

I did contact the lady Sarah had the reply from but she is now working as an inspector and has given me the Early Years Team email address which seems to have been incorrect as it bounced back to me.

There seems to be some inconsistency in this area.
    I have finally had a reply and OFSTED have confirmed that a DBS is required even if the children are supervised 100% of the time.

7. Likes Ripeberry liked this post