!st inspection yesterday - have a query though!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: !st inspection yesterday - have a query though!

There is nothing wrong with the word naughty - what is wrong is if you refer to the child as naughty. You have to make it clear that it is the child's behaviour that is naughty NOT the child.

Although it's probably better to say that their behaviour is unacceptable or unwanted.

The trouble is now everyone's running around being so damned politically correct that common sense has gone out the window!

I think I'd address the comments made by the inspector in writing and see what response you get - I think this inspector has overstepped the mark by commenting and making judgements on things that are not any of her business.

Good luck whatever you decide

Miffy xx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c.l.matt View Post
    I worked in a nursery about 10 years ago now and the word "NO" was not allowed to be used in the setting because it showed negative enforcement!

So when one child was about to slap another instead of quickly saying No to stop them you had to same something like Now xxx you mustn't do that. In the mean time though the other child had already received the slap!
    The words Yes and No are meant to go together in a way aren't they? If NO is so unacceptable how are children really meant to learn right from wrong? It's a word that we all heard growing up, and we are still going strong.
    And if a child was about to do something to endanger themselves (near a road, in the park etc), i don't care who is around. I will shout at them to stop! Cos i know if they fell we would be seen as the bad ones in the eyes of OFSTED, witnessess and more importantly the parents!

Starbabe i would put a complaint in, i don't have children of my own right now, but when i do as far as im concerned no-one would have a right to tell me what i can or can't say to my children. A parent who does nothing but swear at their child wouldn't put up with being told they shouldn't say that. So why should we?

Cher

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbarella68 View Post
    Oh my God I can't believe what I have read here,I may have to change the name of my business as it is called Cheeky Monkeys Childminding.
    I would complain about the cheek of the woman pulling you up on what you said to your daughter.Just remember half of these so called Ofsted inspectors haven't got any children of their own and read most of their rubbish from books written by people who haven't got children or who have never been near children.
    Changing the subject slightly last Friday I got called by the school to come and change my 6 year old mindee because he soiled himself and the school were not allowed to do it I couldn't get to him for 45 minutes,so he was like that for 45 minutes when I got there he was in the reception area just standing their and the receptionist said to me he is very upset.I said I should think he is what you did tantamounts to abuse,she told me it was because Ofsted don't like them to get involved and clean them up.So Ofsted have one rule for themselves and another for everyone else and the sooner that they are all sacked the better

Our local nursery has this as a policy. If your child has a wee, they will change the nappy if it is soiled the parent has to be called to change the nappy. I pointed out to the nursery that i went to work (hence why i was looking at a nursery) and this wouldn't be possible.
    She said that it was policy.

Needless to say i didn't use that very expensive, private nursery!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am speechless to be honest

The world has really gone crazy !!!!

Angel xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    When I talked it over with his mum,she said she was putting in a complaint
    to the school and ofsted as if you read all ofsteds paperwork it says a child must not be humiliated and he obviously was.I am also in the middle of writing a letter to my MP and Gordon Brown(not that it will make much difference).Poor little man.
    Alyson x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I did know that 'naughty' wasn't an accepted phrase, instead we can say so & so what you are doing is wrong & then explain why.

I personally think that your inspector has been very picky with other words like 'cheeky' & 'silly'

Don't get to worried about your grade. From reading on here & also other minders who I know who have been graded, we don't always agree. I personally think that all ofsted inspectors sing from different hyme sheets half the time.
    Katickles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12