Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    pre registration
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what questions are asked at pre reg

Hi all
    im due to have my pre reg visit on tuesday morning, i know that she will ask about safeguarding keep children safe and well at all times etc and that she will ask me about eyfs seven areas of learning etc. but what else does she ask any scernairos what if a parent comes in and collects child and shes drunk. im worried what if my nerves get better of me and i struggle to answer can i refer to notes to stop me pausing and shuttering. help am i panicing for nothing.

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my visit, she literally went through the EYFS framework and asked questions from each section. Lots on safeguarding (Visitors, risk assessments, signs of abuse, safe transportation etc) and the 7 areas but she also asked about learning characteristics, ratios, how do I promote good hygiene eg handwashing, what food do I plan on serving, what routines do I intend to follow. She walked around the house and asked about where my household cleaning liquids were kept, plastic bags etc. She checked my garden for hazards. She wanted to see my written medicine policy and permission forms. She asked about mobile phone use in my setting. She asked about the 2 year check, and how I planned to adapt the environment to meet individual children's needs.

It was tough but I didn't feel like she was trying to catch me out and I was allowed to use my notes although I tried not to.
    You will be fine. Good luck x x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax, they ask questions from the Pre-Reg Booklet. Have you filled that in? Have it in front of you, you can refer to it. Make sure you have answered and understood all the questions as they cover it all really.