Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Over 8's Ofsted Inspection

Hello

Panic stations has begun in the house, as I had an email informing me of my pending inspection (great start as Ofsted had not updated my phone number when I did a change of address and details 3 years ago!!!)

I only childmind over 8's and mostly friends kids, so just wondering what my inspection will be like, and what I need to brush up on, my policies are all up to date, I have check lists and risk assessments all up together. I am going to send out parent and kids questionaires

As I don't childmind EYFS kids I would be useless if they ask me any questions about it really. I have no childminding support here, can't remember the last time I had a visit from my co-ordinator.

Anyone please help

Jane

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of anyone that has had an over 8's only inspection, so best of luck

I

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of over 8's being inspected either. Are you on the early years register too but don't mind under 8's?If so i would ring them and say you only mind over 8's.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are on the early years register despite not caring for that age, it maybe that they will be doing a no children on roll inspection. It appears you didn't receive a phone call, this is when it's usual to ask if you have early years children.

Jun 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am on the early years register, stayed on it on a just in case basis really, hopefully will have a chat with Ofsted today to see what kind of inspection they will do.

Jane x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have a read of this document. As you are still registered on the Early Years register and as this will be an Early Years inspection, they will question you on your knowledge of it. You'll then either get a judgement of "met" or "not met".

Ofsted | Inspecting registered providers with no children on roll or no children present at the time of the inspection

Jun 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you will have a look x

Jun 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just spoken to Ofsted they are doing a no children on roll inspection next week eeeeeeeeeeeeek

She wanted to come today as doesn't matter if children here or not but have family staying and the house is a complete tip

Jane

Simona Guest

Please be aware that Ofsted have updated 'Conducting EY inspection this week...3rd time. The latest update is 3 November

Inspecting providers with no children on roll is part of the updates...the inspection will happen regardless which is a change to 'it may be delayed unless the inspection is coming to the end of a cycle'

Cms should still receive a few days notice...that remains the same

Check paragraph 7...also be aware Ofsted are changing website

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections

This post is about children over 8...just be aware of the changes
    Last edited by Simona; 05-11-2014 at 10:45 AM.