Pre reg visit Monday eekkk
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg visit Monday eekkk

Hi I got my phone call today and got my visit on Monday,any advice would e grateful ,and do I need all plug socket cover etc ready in place or is it ok to have them
    Written on my wish list of stuff to buy once registered?thank you x

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi,
    The advice out there seems vary quite a lot on this subject! Having recently been through this myself, I can only speak from my own personal experience. Your house needs to be a safe environment for the care of children. Therefore you either fit all the locks etc or your risk assess and say how you will minimise the hazards if you choose not to fit the locks. You would need to be able to talk through with the Inspector how you will manage the risks with confidence. So, for instance, if you are minding several children and you have no locks would you be confident that you can safely supervise them all and prevent all of them accessing hazardous areas? Everyone's house is different therefore set ups vary from setting to setting. What I would say is that if you need safety equipment, get it in place rather than leaving it on your wish list!!
    Good luck!!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I fear this is another case of 'it depends on the inspector'. A friend is pre-reg as was told on the phone house needed to be ready as it she was going to be CMing. I think a sensible approach is to do all you practically can and make a thorough list of anything you can not get ready in time.

Remember socket covers are not recommended by Rospa- read Electricity | Home Safety | Policy | RoSPA and the campaign 'Fatally Flawed' FatallyFlawed

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On my visit in september the inspector was happy that I still had things left to do and I was able to look at/ read my answers in the pre-registration question book. Others have not been allowed to do this. It does seem to depend who come out to see you. Good luck.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you.i will try and out everything in place over the weekend and will write down what is left to do,fingers crossed,nervous and excited lol xx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck :-) Will you feed back and let us know how it goes? :-)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well she was here from 10.30 til 1.she said she's got no concerns at all and she just needs to write a report up and should hear back by end of next week,is that a yes or a no lol xx

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi,
    Well done on your visit. Again, I think this is another case of Inspectors working in their own little ways as most tell you on the day (or so I have been told!) whether or not they are recommending you to Ofsted. In your excitement, are you sure this wasn't what she said?! If you have 'passed' they usually say they are recommending you and that they will do a report for Ofsted stating this but the final decision is Ofsted's!! I would like to think that if you had not been successful she would have told you this in no uncertain terms!! So hopefully, you are nearly there - good on you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Xsammy - well done, are you able to tell us what she looked at/went through/asked you about etc? X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she did sAy she was approving me but ofsted have the final decision.she said thank you for being organised .she just looked at my id and asked about me,she then looked round my house and then talked abit about safegaurding and my policies then went on to te learning and development .she probably wouldn't have been here as long but I was running round after my 2year old at the same time lol x

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi,
    Sounds like you have passed - well done, hope you get your certificate soon!
    Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done that was me a year ago x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you,I hope it comes through soon lol x