act advice please :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default act advice please :)

I had a parent visit last week wanting 3 days until july i can only offer her one of the days she needs and she was happy to take that saying family would have him the other 2 till i could. She signed contracts and was due to start today. Stupidly i didnt take a deposit felt sorry for her as single mum blah blah blah . Anyway in the past week i spoke innocently to a local nursery owner who warned me about a parent who was going through childcare settings in the area running up bills then leaving...shes owes them too ...hey ho its the same woman ! Que text at 1130 last night saying can he start next week as shes no money this week lol ...........After the reports i heard therrs no way im going to take a chance my silly fault for not taking a deposit i know but i just told her i was terminating the contract as we are still in the 14 day cooling off period ...shes now begging saying shes going to have to give up work as shes nobody to look after him . So, why do i feel bad ....theres probably 10 nurseries and countless cms around here ....makes me wonder how many shes done this too !

Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Post Thanks / Like

As its only 1 day a week she should pay you after each session on the day of care, that way no fee given tell her don't bring him next week unless she brings the money before the next session is due not on the day of next session.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats the agreement we had i told her she had to pay on the day but shes messing about before hes even started ....she also said to me that shes off work today however her messages are being sent from salford where she works proof enough that shes messing or not ?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you dare feel bad.

You've already wasted time on her visit, paperwork, etc. for which nobody is paying you.

You've also provided her with a free training course in one of Life's more important lessons: 'How Actions Have Consequences.'

Wonder if that mum will ever learn it?

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It gets better ...my hairdresser has just told me the ladies own mum has said she is a pain and never pays anyone or anything ....lucky escape i think

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Don't you dare feel bad.

You've already wasted time on her visit, paperwork, etc. for which nobody is paying you.

You've also provided her with a free training course in one of Life's more important lessons: 'How Actions Have Consequences.'

Wonder if that mum will ever learn it?
    Thanks a lot bunyip dont feel as bad now

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lucky escape right enough I had one parent who cm's didn't want. She paid on time but once she was late collecting and when she went to hand me my usual fee I said it was extra because you went over my time. She was to bring the extra the next time but didn't then turn up for next 3 Fridays I only had kids once a week. She finally was looking the last firday we had verbally agreed on and texted the night before saying she would be attending. I texted back saying I would not be able to have them as I had not had them for last 3 weeks and thought she had quot her course. And I had plans. I didn't have plans but tuff for messing around with days and being late.
    Tess1981