Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    NOV 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MRS O next day arrival with no feedback

Hi everyone!

Last Thursday afternoon Mrs O called to arrange inspection...for the following day yes Friday. This wasn't complaint driven. I had my first inspection in June 2012 and was satisfactory (I was told this on the phone call before she even came, however back then didn't argue my case). Therefore Mrs O said they are monitoring satisfactory's and are trying to get them up to good. So this was the reason for my inspection. I am now 'good' and very proud since I had no time to prepare and we are usually out on Fridays so had to change my planning. This is all fine, I'm ok with being inspected last minute as I try to stay on top of things. However....at the end, when I asked for feedback she mentioned my trackers, I am in the process of updating them and showed her the old ones and the half done new ones and explained them to her. I then asked why she couldn't give me Outstanding, her response was to refer me to the Early Years Evaluation Schedule and have I seen it, I responded yes of course and showed her my printed out and annotated copy. I again asked for an example and she said 'It uses words like inspiring' my response by this point was ok can you give me an example of inspiring practise and she couldn't. I know I go above and beyond and all of my families are more than happy and I am completely full, I do not mind my Good grade but I wanted feedback on how I can improve my practise. I'm hoping that in my report I will be given constructive feedback so I will have to wait until this is sent out to me. She also called me again on Friday afternoon to ask how many children I have on role and how many are in the EYFS age group as she forgot to ask me at the time of inspection.

My DO has only just gotten in touch with me last Monday after around a year or so of not having one so the CMs in my area have taken it upon ourselves to share ideas and help each other. When she came out last week she thought I was pre-reg and came prepared for that, when I disclosed I wasn't and was already inspected in 2012 she was completely miffed. So I'm about to contact her and ask to see if she has any advice re feedback.

The thing is I'm not saying im outstanding by any stretch of the imagination, but I just wanted to know what more I can do to further improve my practise and I feel Mrs O clearly couldn't/didn't tell me, if anything she didn't know herself or felt like she couldn't give the grade out (maybe to go from satisfactory to outstanding is too big a jump in her eyes) I know I can appeal but I'm wondering if it is worth it and what happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    xxx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if you get a phone all asking what you think your action should be, heard of that happening before

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on getting a Good with such short notice - I am so far behind with paperwork that I hope I don't get a phone call anytime soon. Seems strange that she couldn't give you an example of what you need to do to improve.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

if its any consolation I was only given satisfactory but she got me to set my own targets for improvement. She wouldnt give me anything constructive to do to improve my service.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In the current inspection climate 'good' is very good!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. A 'Good' on a spur of the moment, not really any notice is great. You should be proud.

NOV 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that satisfactory has almost not good enough and requires improvement and Outstanding has become almost impossible I think they should introduce a Very Good grade - I know I have constantly improved my setting and my practice but over the 9 years I have been registered I will have been inspected under 3 different criteria so my improvements are never recognised.

9. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Simona Guest

If they do not give us points for improvement any more...how do we deal with the SEF question...for those who do the SEF...when it asks 'how have you addressed the recommendations at the previous inspection'?