Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help -feeling a bit panicky!!

Hi Everybody,
    I got a phone call a week and a half ago but as I was looking after a distressed baby (holding her at the time!) I missed the introduction bit
    and am not sure who it was from- Ofsted or Prospects.Anyway the upshot is she wanted to know how many children I had on roll; times I was not available etc etc.It only dawned on me when I put the phone down that this was the precursor to my first full inspection.To be quite honest I was a bit shocked as I have only been registered for 5 months and only had children on roll for 10 weeks. I suppose I naively assumed I need not worry about this until after Xmas!The problem is I have suffered from anxiety in the past(this is me being honest) and do not cope well with short notice events at all !!!!!Since the call my stomach has been churning and I can feel my anxiety levels rising as I wait every day to see if I will get a phone call(quite often ignoring the phone at times too)from the ofsted inspector. In the meantime I have been frantically trying to get all paper work up to date and a SEF begun. I just wondered how long it is usual to wait between the first call and the second? when the second call does come how much notice of inspection will I receive?Very worried and driving hubby demented. I know we all need to be part of an inspection framework but surely there could be a more sensible and kinder way of giving people notice than all this waiting. Anyway whats your experience and is ignoring the phone a half decent way of delaying things for a bit or will they get me in the end!!!!(only half joking here by the way)

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly 14 days between first call and inspection. Lady was lovely and put me at ease as soon as I opened the door. Try not to worry, they are human too!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the first call about 3 weeks before the inspector rang then had about a week before she actually came - but u don't work every day. She did tell me she needed to come 'by the end of the month' so I had some idea when she was coming. But previous poster is right - she was human and very nice and tried to out me at ease even though I was nervous. Relax, be yourself and you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a call a couple of weeks ago asking if I had any kids on roll. They said someone would be in touch with me after Xmas. Six months after I first registered would be beginning of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx