freaking out
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: freaking out

Post Thanks / Like

Default freaking out

I had a call to see if im working and now im freaking out. The lady said she was told it was for jans inspection but im so worried it will be before. Now i just feel like nothing i have done is right and my paper work will be wrong. Six months does not feel like long enough to master childminding. I love the children and take care of them and support their learning and help them get ready for school but i just panic with anything that feels like a test. I worry every morning they will knock with out warning.....

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been minding since October and I'm also dreading my 1st inspection, my heart jumps every time the phone rings. I've built up great relationships with the children and do planning and learning journeys but I'm not entirely sure I'm doing everything completely right and I suppose I'll only find out if I am doing it right when Ofsted come.
    But surely the inspectors have to take into consideration that we are new to this and still learning ourselves?
    Can I ask when did you start minding?
    X

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had my first inspection and was feeling totally like you are now. I was registered in March but only actually started working in Sept so felt like I had barely begun and I was being inspected. I also felt like I was being judged as a parent too which I realise is silly but if I had had a bad inspection I would have been devastated on a professional and personal basis. But my inspector was really nice. She called before I came and gave me some big clues on when she may arrive. She was a human being and whilst she was scary when she arrived she did her best to make me feel at ease and was very encouraging along the way

What I'm trying to say is try not be be too scared. Be yourself and show her what a great job you are doing and you'll be fine.

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I started in july with two sister one statring full time school and one two. Its taken a while to get my obs going as they only came once a week to start with now they come two i have a little more to go by. I just wish your first inspection was to tell you your doing ok or add a little more here but to give a grade after 6 months is really scary. I have another little one who alsi started in july for 2 hours a week and it took a while to do obs by the time she got settled she left.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjef View Post
    I had a call to see if im working and now im freaking out. The lady said she was told it was for jans inspection but im so worried it will be before. Now i just feel like nothing i have done is right and my paper work will be wrong. Six months does not feel like long enough to master childminding. I love the children and take care of them and support their learning and help them get ready for school but i just panic with anything that feels like a test. I worry every morning they will knock with out warning.....
    If you read the Ofsted guidance 'Conducting EY inspections'...both the Nov issue and now the updated version in December it states clearly that only 'complaint triggered' inspections are unannounced....for a schedule inspection you will receive a call beforehand to ensure you are working and have children on roll

lets hope that after going through the trouble of stating that, inspectors will keep to their guidance

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections