Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DBS help please!

I am having a hell of a nightmare!

My bf moved in and I can't work out how to navigate the dbs system - we've sent off the ID stuff via the post office checking service and have had a fairly snottily worded email to say they haven't received the online application.

When I go to the online application it asks for a reference number and password - where do you get these from????

Can anyone help, I'm not daft but forms really do my head in!!

Thank you!
    Jx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you need to give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can find you on their system. Hugs xx

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be sent a letter from ofsted with info of DBS and then it gives you the reference and password within it.

That's what happened with mine.
    X

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent my sons off last week - will see if i can find anything.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I can sympathise. I hate forms!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, Little steps, have you only recently done all of this? I did my crb ages ago so nothing from Ofsted contains information that I seem to need as it all predates the new dbs system.

I guess all I can do is ring them. I tried contacting Ofsted who just said:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry you will only receive a Capita reference number once an EY2 form has been submitted to register against the registration. Once this has been submitted, the information relating to the DBS will be issued.

I hope you find this information helpful."

The process doesn't even involve an EY2 form anymore does it??

I did contact Capita too by email before, and their reply was:

"In regards to the Capita Organisation reference please contact Ofsted directly if yiou have not as yet received this, it is not the EY number but one starting with Ofsted followed by a letter."

I'm so confused and really distressed as I can't leave my bf in the same room as a child, it's so rubbish!

Edited this again, as I've just had a thought. I haven't had a crb done directly as a result of becoming a childminder. I had one already which was countersigned by Ofsted as I was the chair of the preschool, and have been repeatedly reassured that this is all I would need, including by the Tribal inspector who obviously scrutinised it when I had my pre-registration inspection. Does this therefore mean that I am missing this information, and how do I get it? I think I should be ringing Ofsted, shouldn't I?
    Jx
    Last edited by teacakepenguin; 07-11-2013 at 10:06 PM.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently did my DBS check to register, and was given the password by Ofsted. They gave it to me over the phone, and it's in their DBS/childminder registration guide which is on their website, I think it was either OfstedP or ofstedS, they also sent me a letter with it in, but sent the wrong letter with the wrong password in it...I'd already found the correct password in their website guide.
    Sorry not to be more help, hope you can find the document, or probably easiest thing would be to give ofsted a call and just ask them for it.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teacakepenguin View Post
    Thanks for the replies, Little steps, have you only recently done all of this? I did my crb ages ago so nothing from Ofsted contains information that I seem to need as it all predates the new dbs system.

I guess all I can do is ring them. I tried contacting Ofsted who just said:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry you will only receive a Capita reference number once an EY2 form has been submitted to register against the registration. Once this has been submitted, the information relating to the DBS will be issued.

I hope you find this information helpful."

The process doesn't even involve an EY2 form anymore does it??

I did contact Capita too by email before, and their reply was:

"In regards to the Capita Organisation reference please contact Ofsted directly if yiou have not as yet received this, it is not the EY number but one starting with Ofsted followed by a letter."

I'm so confused and really distressed as I can't leave my bf in the same room as a child, it's so rubbish!

Edited this again, as I've just had a thought. I haven't had a crb done directly as a result of becoming a childminder. I had one already which was countersigned by Ofsted as I was the chair of the preschool, and have been repeatedly reassured that this is all I would need, including by the Tribal inspector who obviously scrutinised it when I had my pre-registration inspection. Does this therefore mean that I am missing this information, and how do I get it? I think I should be ringing Ofsted, shouldn't I?
    Jx
    I have done one this week!

You need to fill in an EY2 form for anyone living on your premises and return it to Ofsted. You can print the signature part, sign it and scan it back in and email it.

You then need to complete the Capita forms online and you could have scanned the documents and emailed them as well. Ofsted will give you the code but you don't need a password. It took us 15 mins to complete the Capita bit and pay (£52) and submit last night. I had an email confirmation from Capita within mins but the receipt for payment, even though I paid the bill will be sent to the person I was applying for! Ofsted has also sent the person two lots of info, one all about filling in a SEF with the token to go online and the person isn't working for me, merely living in my house!! The other was all about filling in the Capita stuff with the pass word.

Now we will see how long before the process is complete. Ofsted said two weeks at present so we will see. Its taken 3 years for them to get to this point, long story!!!

9. Likes hectors house liked this post