Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Malicious complaints

Malicious complaints are something every childminder must protect themselves against.

They can happen to anyone at any time for any reason and serious complaints trigger immediate full inspections.

The most important thing you can do is to keep good, up-to-date records of exactly what you do - and of course follow the EYFS safeguarding and welfare requirements closely, recording incidents such as physical intervention, all accidents however minor, every time you give medication etc.

I am supporting a number of childminders at the moment through dreadful malicious complaints and they all want me to tell you - if in doubt write it down and ask advice from an experienced childminder or LA advisor - don't keep it to yourself - cover your back - don't sweep things under the carpet - don't think it won't happen to you!!

Thank you xx

2. Likes N/A, Logan, Tink liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah.

It seems such a big concern at the moment and it's happening more & more often.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, will do xx

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you Sarah

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, hope all these minders see it through to the other side and are ok xxx
    Kelly xx

7. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advice, thank you.

Wish the cm good luck through their process, such a shame people don't seem to realise the damage it can do to business and peoples lives.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Sarah as I know only too well. I have always written notes in my diary of even the smallest things and these notes helped me in the past. I do sometimes feel I over do the noting, but you cannot be too careful.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Simona Guest

In addition to what Sarah suggests below I would also recommend cms keep very accurate records of the number of children they care for, especially if they have granted themselves a variations
    Unfortunately the 'public' does not understand this and many complaints are for 'over minding'.

I hope Ofsted will sort this out as it is in their best interest to save on announced inspections when cms are within their numbers... having given us autonomy to increase numbers they should really check first before knocking on our door!

I will make sure this is raised when Ofsted meet nursery and cms for #ofstedbigconversation

11. Likes loocyloo, kellyskidz!, Logan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 2 complaints made and from what we think is the same person. And as Ofsted read them out to me she said it had been written by another childcare professional! The second complaint went to Ofsted days after they awarded me Outstanding....stating that they were gobsmacked i had been awarded an Outstanding.
    Some very jealous people out there that dont like to see people succeeding...it has really hurt me as all i have ever wanted to do is provide a lovely environment for children to be happy and safe in.
    A week later we than had a note through the door reading..."failure" We then decided to take this further and went to the police who have been fantastic and are in the process of getting the third party details from Ofsted as they see it as harassment.
    I also wrote to Ofsted and asked for all info held on me to be released, they have done this but did black out the third party details. Hopefully know it is in the hands of the police the third party will get a warning!!!

13. Likes Koala, Ripeberry liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope the police can get to the bottom of this for you - I think that if the complaints aren't upheld by Ofsted they should be able to fine to person making false allegations for wasting Ofsted's time and for inconvenience and upset to you.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taralass79 View Post
    I have had 2 complaints made and from what we think is the same person. And as Ofsted read them out to me she said it had been written by another childcare professional! The second complaint went to Ofsted days after they awarded me Outstanding....stating that they were gobsmacked i had been awarded an Outstanding.
    Some very jealous people out there that dont like to see people succeeding...it has really hurt me as all i have ever wanted to do is provide a lovely environment for children to be happy and safe in.
    A week later we than had a note through the door reading..."failure" We then decided to take this further and went to the police who have been fantastic and are in the process of getting the third party details from Ofsted as they see it as harassment.
    I also wrote to Ofsted and asked for all info held on me to be released, they have done this but did black out the third party details. Hopefully know it is in the hands of the police the third party will get a warning!!!
    Good, I hope they get a boot up the as well. There are so many sad, creepy freaks out in the world. What a horrible situation to be in, keep your chin up

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Malicious Complaints

Dear All

I know exactly what you mean by being vulnerable to these wicked people who maliciously choose you beccausethey are either jealous of our success and wouldn't even be suitable to even attempt to do the great job us childminders do.

I received an unnannounced visit from Ofsted within 3 weeks of a complaint triggered by a parent about the setup of my business, resources and care I give to her child. I know who it is as she was unhappy with my behaviour policy and came to the conclusion that I am victimising her son by addressing his unnacceptable behaviour. She also disagrees with my 4 weeks notice period. To cut a long story short, along with this she also raised a few other ridiculous issues that I am glad to inform you, Ofsted says all issued raised is unfounded.

From the beginning of this saga to the end I have seen this woman in the school grounds every morning and evening and have held my head high because i know that I only act in the intrerest of the children and the relationships I have with all parents are great. I always act in a professional manner and will always do so. I actually felt empowered knowing I was not in the wrong.

Well I have had my visit, Ofsted made me feel really proud of what I was doing and told me to keep up the good work with a hand shake to seal it . Obviously her report now needs to go to the Quality Assurance Team for the final outcome grade. I await that with anticipation that it will reflect the inspectors findings. So I now patiently await the outcome.

I recommend that you all do write down every little thing that happens and keep it for evidence in case anyone raises a complaint against you. I had followed all my policies and procedures and had evidence of letters, correspondence, incidents and more to show. Most of all, the Inspector was blown away by the intelligence of the children and how they interacted with each other and with me. Positive all round.

Saddly, the nicest of parents seem to turn into the "Devil of Doom" if they think for one moment that things are not going in their favour.

Just a warning to let you know that evidence is the most powerful back-up you can have.

Keep up the great work you are doing.

I will let you all know the outcome. Fingers Crossed.

17. Likes hectors house, Bluebell, sarah707, Tulip, Tink liked this post
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only agree with everyone else.
    I had a malicious complaint which then triggered an unannounced ofsted inspection last month. I was very happy with the outcome of inspection. What foes concern me is that because of these silly complaints triggering inspections they are causing a back log on normal inspections that are due. For all of those out there who get unannounced inspection like my self and are then graded as good or outstanding then very well done as we have kept all go our paperwork fully up to date without any notice of inspection.

Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

19. Likes sarah707, Tink liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, Some people are unbelievable!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my Gosh, scary reading! I won't sleep tonight! I feel that good child minders are really not given the credit they deserve. We do a very good job in circumstances that are sometimes not easy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I AGAIN had Ofsted at my door yesterday after 4 years of malicious complaints from my ex husband and new sister in law (messy divorce and he wanted the house and she was claiming childcare using my details and I received a phone call from hmrc asking what she paid and truthfully told them she paid nothing ) this new complaint is from my sister-in-laws mum despite her never being in my house having no contact with sister in law for 2 years etc Ofsted have now decided to belive its malicious and take it seriously as the person who complained has not withheld her number iv given them all the numbers associated with my sister-in-law and it matches the number Ofsted have
    the complaint was apparently iv not been childminding for 6 months records show other wise, apparently I drove my car full of mindees into the back of a lorry last week and was that badly injured I suffered a miscarriage when I wasnt even pregnant,Ofsted came out took one look at me saw I wasn't injured saw the car with no damage and deemed them all as malicious.
    its disgracefull.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    I AGAIN had Ofsted at my door yesterday after 4 years of malicious complaints from my ex husband and new sister in law (messy divorce and he wanted the house and she was claiming childcare using my details and I received a phone call from hmrc asking what she paid and truthfully told them she paid nothing ) this new complaint is from my sister-in-laws mum despite her never being in my house having no contact with sister in law for 2 years etc Ofsted have now decided to belive its malicious and take it seriously as the person who complained has not withheld her number iv given them all the numbers associated with my sister-in-law and it matches the number Ofsted have
    the complaint was apparently iv not been childminding for 6 months records show other wise, apparently I drove my car full of mindees into the back of a lorry last week and was that badly injured I suffered a miscarriage when I wasnt even pregnant,Ofsted came out took one look at me saw I wasn't injured saw the car with no damage and deemed them all as malicious.
    its disgracefull.
    That's disgraceful! Don't they realise their lies will be found out? Ridiculous!

What a shame Ofsted aren't able to charge for their wasted time!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    its disgracefull.
    What?! How can people do that?! And poor you that it isn't over and done with - so angry and upset for you!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you have been having such an upleasant time. At least now it shows its all malicious. Sounds like you are doing a fabulous job with your mindees

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Been there. Unfortunately parents can use threats of ofsted whenever anything doesn't go there way. In my case I was threatened with ofsted over money matters. Luckily me keeping all communication with parent logged (she did it by email) i had proof that backed me up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast