Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Notify Ofsted?

Registered Childminder since
    09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Notify Ofsted?

Just got text from mindee's mum saying that her child got rubella even though she was immunised. She had a rash today and i did sent her home on Tuesday with temperature.
    I just dont know what to do ? Do i have to notify HPU and Ofsted?
    Dont really want to contact Ofsted unless I have to
    Thanks

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Has the child actually been tested for rubella? It may be that the doctor has said it is a viral infection like rubella or similar? I was told this once for me wee one but they didn't test To confirm it xx

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

She took child up to hospital this evening and dr just said that its rubella and there is lot of strains. So it doesnt matter if they had the first mmr jab.
    I always though that they have to do blood test to confirm but they didnt.
    Also if it is (i am immune by the way against rubella) can i give it to someone or only the infected child can.Just not sure if i can carry it and give to someone with low immunity?

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mindee with confirmed rubella last year. It was the hosptial that reported it. I didn't need to as they said they had x

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked mum and she said he didnt say anything like that and was bit blasie abou it,which really not helping me lol

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You would assume the hospital would have reported it then but really not sure xx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

When son had mumps I had to report it (school had no idea what I was on about) doctor told me to report even though they do.
    I just rang up and details were taken nothing came back on it,same with ofsted although they were not too interested because he was my son.

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to parents and they said that dr said it could be rubella type of virus but he said no point taking blood test ad it takes 14 days to come back and she will be better by then.
    So not sure if to report it as it is not confirmed case ?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to report before confirmed the guy on the phone was really nice they just like to log where the outbreaks are and the kins of settings the chikdren go to.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We do not report a notifiable disease to the HPE the GP or hospital have to do that, it is their job and responsibility to report any notifiable disease. However if we have a child in our care with one we have to report that to Ofsted. I would email Ofsted anyway with the details you have so you are covered.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danast View Post
    I spoke to parents and they said that dr said it could be rubella type of virus but he said no point taking blood test ad it takes 14 days to come back and she will be better by then. So not sure if to report it as it is not confirmed case ?
    I wouldn't report it if they are just saying it could be? Xx

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottishlass View Post
    I wouldn't report it if they are just saying it could be? Xx
    Thats what i was thinking as there is a lot of viruses with rashes (dr didn't even bothered with blood test(thought they had to as rubella is notifaeble disease) but on the other hand i look after 11months old and she didn't have mmr yet so if she get it and it was rubella would I get into trouble?
    Really not sure what to do as you cant notify something if he is not 100% sure and didn't even bothered with bloods.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danast View Post
    Thats what i was thinking as there is a lot of viruses with rashes (dr didn't even bothered with blood test(thought they had to as rubella is notifaeble disease) but on the other hand i look after 11months old and she didn't have mmr yet so if she get it and it was rubella would I get into trouble? Really not sure what to do as you cant notify something if he is not 100% sure and didn't even bothered with bloods.
    They mustn't be too concered if they didn't do a blood test - sounds like same as when they said about my daughter that it could be that or something similar but they weren't concered at all!! Plus if wee one has had mmr you would guess it most likely something similar but I would be like you and worried about wee one who hadn't had vaccine yet - sure they will be fine tho!! If it was me I would just leave it as its bit confirmed and actually looking on my sheet I can't see it saying this is a notifible disease? Maybe wrong tho! Xx