Hello

I don't often post on here as I have not had much to share but I find the information on here invaluable.
I had my inspection today and wanted to share how it went so that others would find it helpful.

She phoned Monday and wanted to come that day!!!! I managed to fob her off until today. She said that she would be with me on Wed, Thurs or Friday. She arrived at 08:45 this morning. I checked her ID and then asked her to sign my visitors book.
I am looking after a little girl at the moment and I only started minding her on Monday. I have my own 2 children too. She said that she would just observe me for most of the visit and she would check a small amount of paperwork at a convenient time. My 2 children and the little girl that I mind love being outside so we went outside straight away. Mrs O followed us with her laptop and sat on the step. All 3 children played on the trampoline and then in the playhouse and in the sand. My minded child took the spade and wanted to dig in the soil so we all joined in. It was perfect as there were loads of mini beasts to talk about. (I couldn't have planned it better!)
My minded child wanted to go inside so we all went in and then she wanted to come out again so we all went back out with Mrs O in tow.
I then took everyone in and helped all 3 to wash their hands before I made a snack. Mrs O sat at the dining table at this point and tapped away at the laptop and then started to look at my paperwork. We then all went back outside for a while and I then brought everyone in for storytime. I have a few story sacks which were great today as it kept all 3 engaged and they sat still and listened to the story while they played with the toys.
Mrs O then asked me about my diversity resources. We then spent a long time talking about working in partnership with parents. I had examples of questionnaires and I also had a sheet signed by my parent with comments everytime they have seen their child's learning journey. I had a few examples of where the parent has suggested things and I have put changes into place. She then spoke about my safeguarding policy and asked me a few questions about what I would do in certain situations and my mind went blank but she was happy with me referring to my policies.
She wanted to know what improvements I have put in place and what I wanted to put in place. She talked about my risk assessment and mentioned the changes I had added to it.
She commented that my minded child had settled in well considering it was only her 3rd day and she seemed very settled. She also commented that we already seem to have a bond. She also said that I have my work cut out with her
She thought my observations were excellent. I hadn't really had that much planning in place and I had put that in my sef that I needed to do more. She said that what I was doing was ample and that I didn't really need to change it which really surprised me. She said I had a good range of resources but she would like to see more natural resources and more sensory equipment which I had already mentioned in my sef.
She didn't even look at my sef!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I spoke to her on the phone I asked her if she wanted me to send it as I had not uploaded it and she said she would look at it when she was here but she didn't. The only time she mentioned it was when she was writing the part about my setting!!
I spent bloomin ages on it too. It wasn't a complete waste of time though as I felt it helped me.
Anyway she was very positive and thought I was doing a lot of things right. She said I did very well for my first inspection and she gave me a Good grade
I am over the moon and feel very relieved that it is all over. It has been haunting me for weeks now and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. I didn't post on here as I didn't want people to come up with things that I had not done and panic me even more. I am not sat here typing this with a glass of Prossecco to celebrate!
Hope this has helped those who are due their inspection soon.