She's coming help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default She's coming help

I think Ofsted are coming this week and I need help - quickly

I will have four under 3 - (2 are siblings).

1 will be nearly a year , screams a lot and crawls with a teddy bear.

1 will be just over a year shuffles , screams a lot

1 will be 2 and has a mild speech disorder

1 will be just over 2 and only says the odd word.

What activity should I do for them ?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pray lol!
    I think an easy activity is best, don't over think things or make them too stressful. Outdoor play would be ideal, weather permitting!
    Jigsaws, building blocks, sensory toys, musical instruments, painting activity- have these to hand in case they get bored as they're quite easy to set up and should keep them occupied for a while.
    Also getting out the books worked for me on my inspection, I read to them, they read to me and before I knew it half an hour had passed and I'd forgotten mrs O was there.. Well, almost lol!!
    Good luck with your inspection and let us know how it goes. also try not to worry, they're only human xxxxx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What do they enjoy doing/playing with on a normal day? I would really steer away from doing anything new or different from your usual activities.

I find getting in the garden easiest as children have more chance to explore and i get more chance to engage with them in their individual choice of activity from ride ons, slide, sandd pit, water tray, balls, hoops, mud play, wendy house, finding creatures, touching grass and flowers....the list just goes on. I really dont think any sort of structed activity will work for this age range.
    I also find anyhting to do with music and musical instruments works well for those ages....ie hitting pots and pans, shaking things, etc? As this allows you to show a whole host of learning and develepment for all ages as you can sing nursery rhymes, do actions, make noise, children get to explore making their own sounds,