Partnership working
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Partnership working

Hi, for the first time I have a pre schooler who attends another setting for her 15 hours and comes to me for 23. I have discussed with her key worker how we might communicate but with little result. What do you all do? How should I record it? Do you look at their LJ's? My own daughter goes there so I know it quite well and have just volunteered to be in the committee. Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You may have varying degrees of success with other settings (often poor!)

For one mindee who goes to pre school I started a book with my own sheet inside (look at my post in the following thread)

Sharing information with/and getting information from other settings.

Unfortunately they only filled out one initial sheet and refused to do anymore. She said I could look at the displays and LOs learning book to find out what he's been doing.

Another pre school has been a bit more helpful, has even phoned me. They fill in my sheet occasionally and I also fill it in. It goes back and forth between parents.

Ideally I would like my communication book filled in every week or so, share learning journals and chat for 10 mins to key worker but this isn't always possible. Just do your best and badger the other setting to give you info!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I've looked at your form. Do you fill this in for them also? How often? Also do you need a permissions form for parents to sign? Thanks again

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a struggle isn't it, I have post it notes in lo file saying spoke to key worker today and she has no ongoing concerns (or whatever comment they made) and dated it. sometimes I get a newsletter with term dates, topics for the term etc.. that also goes into lo file. Each time I send in a letter or Ricks form (Ta Rick) I copy it, date it and (yes you've guessed) put in lo file. This has been building up since September, I'm sure Ofsted will only look at the top couple of pages but it is all there if she needs to see it. Parent has signed a permission saying I can view lo LJ at nursery. I have asked and suggested in writing that I can view and maybe contribute to it, but nothing has happened yet!
    Sandy
    xx

Post Thanks / Like

Well I spoke to the nursery manager yesterday and told her I thought we needed to get a system in place and she said she had never done partnership working before?????!!!!!! Ill keep at it and see what happens thanks.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kp0781 View Post
    Well I spoke to the nursery manager yesterday and told her I thought we needed to get a system in place and she said she had never done partnership working before?????!!!!!! Ill keep at it and see what happens thanks.
    What?! Not even with parents? lol

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kp0781 View Post
    It's amazing isn't it - if we don't do it or attempt to do it we get picked up on it by Ofsted on our inspection, but one of my mindees goes to an "outstanding" nursery in town and they have never contacted ME! I had an appointment to see his key worker, but she was ill and so it was cancelled. Then I rang up several weeks later to make another appointment (on my day off - when I have plenty of other things to do), I was told that the key worker had left and no-one seemed to know who the new one was - later that day someone from the Nursery phoned with name of new key worker but said that she was off sick too. This nursery also forbade his mum from showing me his LJ while she had it at home - I am only allowed to view it at the Nursery!