Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I've been away for a few days, so missed the post about you putting in a complaint. I am pleased that you have after reading about your Inspection. I wish you all the best and that you receive the result you deserve. Good luck xxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    Hi

I've been away for a few days, so missed the post about you putting in a complaint. I am pleased that you have after reading about your Inspection. I wish you all the best and that you receive the result you deserve. Good luck xxx
    thanks Lozzy, when I explained to the people on the ofsted phone line they seem quite shocked that the inspector behaved in the way she did so hopefully something will come of it x

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My fingers are still crossed for you xx

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend has just got a copy of her transcript. It had lots of thjngs wrong and was different in many ways to the report. She has made a complaint and will keep it going. It can take a very long time Ask fir the transcript and see what was written You request it under the freedom of information act.

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gail , great to hear you complained! Fingers crossed you get the grading changed keep us updated x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    A friend has just got a copy of her transcript. It had lots of thjngs wrong and was different in many ways to the report. She has made a complaint and will keep it going. It can take a very long time Ask fir the transcript and see what was written You request it under the freedom of information act.
    ooh thanks for that Jackie, i hadnt though of that x I will get on to it, when they eventually phone me which is step one x oh and ive just noticed they have already published it online!

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gail, I've just read your report and I must say that it doesn't read bad, but I know its a case of 'you had to be there' to get the true meaning behind it.It won't put parents off as there are lots of positves.I think she comes across very picky and parents will read into that. I've read some of her other reports that are equally 'picky', so carry on with your complaint and stand firm for what you know you justly deserve( and hopefully she will be offered re-training !) You know that you have the support of the forum behind you and all our good luck vibes are winging there way to you xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

thanks Murphf that just about summed her up, not forgetting her opening statement 'the best you can get is satisfactory on your first grading'
    Sorry havent read the whole post.. stopped at this one. Its rubbish. I just had my first grading. I got good with outstanding outcomes. So its rubbish. That makes me so cross that she has even come in with that attitude. Whats the point in all our hard work if thats what they do... grrrrrr!!! X i will carry on reading now!!! X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    I have just been reading the latest copy of the Ofsted complaints rules - even requesting that and making robust complaints won't delay the publication of your report unfortunately.

That is partly why it is so important to make a complaint DURING the inspection!

Tell the inspector - I am not happy with what you are saying.

Ring the helpline during the inspection - ask them to log your complaint.

Ask your local support officer for help - explain what is happening - say you are making a complaint and would like them to check the legislation. It is always a good idea to let someone else check for you - they don't have the emotional worries that you are going through so can look with a clear head.

You have the absolute right to stop bad practice in its tracks.

We really need to challenge inaccuracies and blatantly wrong decisions!

xx

11. Likes The Juggler, VeggieSausage liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    Hi Gail, I've just read your report and I must say that it doesn't read bad, but I know its a case of 'you had to be there' to get the true meaning behind it.It won't put parents off as there are lots of positves.I think she comes across very picky and parents will read into that. I've read some of her other reports that are equally 'picky', so carry on with your complaint and stand firm for what you know you justly deserve( and hopefully she will be offered re-training !) You know that you have the support of the forum behind you and all our good luck vibes are winging there way to you xxx
    thanks Mrs Scrubbit, that means a lot x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have just been reading the latest copy of the Ofsted complaints rules - even requesting that and making robust complaints won't delay the publication of your report unfortunately.

That is partly why it is so important to make a complaint DURING the inspection!

Tell the inspector - I am not happy with what you are saying.

Ring the helpline during the inspection - ask them to log your complaint.

Ask your local support officer for help - explain what is happening - say you are making a complaint and would like them to check the legislation. It is always a good idea to let someone else check for you - they don't have the emotional worries that you are going through so can look with a clear head.

You have the absolute right to stop bad practice in its tracks.

We really need to challenge inaccuracies and blatantly wrong decisions!

xx
    Can we threaten the Ofsted inspector with YOU!

14. Likes lisbet, sing-low liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so i chased tribal on monday as i still hadnt heard anything. I sent an email asking for timescales at whoch i would receive my phone call. I received a call by the person i had sent my email to. He apologised and said the delay was due to how many complaints they have received recently.

I got my call from the lady who is dealing with my complaint yesterday. She sounded great on the phone and took me through all of my points one by one. She was not allowed to give me any idea of whether my complaint would be upheld as they will also look at the notes from the day and speak to the inspector.

I was told that it is unlikely i will have the end result any earlier than the initial date i was given which was 9th july.

Just more waiting but at least i feel a little better now as i was made to feel like i am being taken seriously.

All i can say is thanks for reading and for the support i have been given. You guys are amazing x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok so i chased tribal on monday as i still hadnt heard anything. I sent an email asking for timescales at whoch i would receive my phone call. I received a call by the person i had sent my email to. He apologised and said the delay was due to how many complaints they have received recently.

I got my call from the lady who is dealing with my complaint yesterday. She sounded great on the phone and took me through all of my points one by one. She was not allowed to give me any idea of whether my complaint would be upheld as they will also look at the notes from the day and speak to the inspector.

I was told that it is unlikely i will have the end result any earlier than the initial date i was given which was 9th july.

Just more waiting but at least i feel a little better now as i was made to feel like i am being taken seriously.

All i can say is thanks for reading and for the support i have been given. You guys are amazing x
    i have actually laughed out loud at this......i wonder if the powers that be have got wind of this?

probably not.....

well done on seeing this through.....its a PITA but you will reap the rewards

love Wibble xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad there taking you seriously , hopefully it'll be good news on the 9th of July x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a pity they can't be shut down while complaints are investigated - I would hope that if they get several complaints about the same inspector that they get suspended while it's being investigated.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are all here for support

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad it's all sounding positive. Roll on 9th July! x

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One rule for them and one for us! The hoops we have to jump through to make the grade and they are not bothered if they ruin our lives as they still get paid. I am so angry for you but glad you made your complaint and I hope you get it changed to good!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds quite positive Hun. Good luck. That's interesting that they are having lots of complaints at the moment. I wonder if that's due to inspectors getting worse or if inspectors have always been rubbish just people feel more able to complain. Well done I'm glad you will get the outcome in a few weeks. Good luck.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, I hope it works out for you, I'll keep my fingers crossed xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast