Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thats great news well done.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done I appealed not about my grade as I go good but about the wording and how awful and horrible she was I got the wording changed and I told them I never ever what the inspector in my house again. So well done to you
    Love
    Lorraine xx

mar 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, that's so good to see. I appealed my grade years ago and the next time I was inspected it WAS the same inspector. She was absolutely fine though and I got a top grade again so don't worry.
    You can relax for a while at least.

Oct 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. Lets hope your success encourages others to do the same.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for standing up for yourself. Very brave but definitely worth it!

Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for getting them to change your grading. I think this grading system is so wrong. They shouldnt have sent out the same inspector again if you werent happy the first time. As ive said, I dont intend having another inspection but if I did I wouldnt let the last 2 inspectors in my home again, no matter what they say or do - its MY home afterall! I complained about my last inspection as so many things shed wriiten in the report were just plain WRONG, but it didnt get me anywhere as I feel they all stick together at Ofsted.
    I only have one 3 yr old for 2 afternoons a week. The rest of the week hes at nursery and they do the eyfs on him but I was also supposed to have done mountains of work for him also. My folder was full of work covering all the new revised eyfs - but it wasnt enough work!

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HOW

I had my inspection last week. I was given a good, after being told I was much better than good and if I had asked the 22 month old many more question, way above his understanding!! I would have got outstanding. Crazy!!! How did you go about appealing?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    I had my inspection last week. I was given a good, after being told I was much better than good and if I had asked the 22 month old many more question, way above his understanding!! I would have got outstanding. Crazy!!! How did you go about appealing?
    try not to take it to heart - I know it's hard.

Inspectors have to find something to give you advice about - it doesn't mean that one thing was the only thing holding you back though - just the thing the inspector mentioned.

Very often it's the length of time you have been minding or the way you have done your self evaluation which makes the inspector want to give you something to aim for next time.

If you want to complain I suggest you read your report and if you are unhappy with the wording you have a short time to let them know.

Hugs xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12