Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: YAY

Registered Childminder since
    09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool YAY

Happy happy happy, she eventually turned up at 12, i had just said to mindee that we would ahve lunch then go for walk as it looked like she wasnt coming and bang there she was! Was here 3 hours, despite me saying i had to leave before 3 for school run she didnt leave till 10 past, luckily hubby had arrived back and could get kids from school, just as well there was no mindees just my boys. Anyway, despite her being a frigid, grumpy dragon (parents words who met her when they collected their child not mine, though totally agree!!) i got goods all through with only 2 recommendations which i really felt she said because she wanted to pick holes. They are that i should provide more maths resources, when i feel what i have is enough and i incorporate maths into as many activities as i can. And that i have regular meetings with the key people for the 2 that i have that attend other settings> One of which is in reception and the parents barely get a meeting with the teacher never mind meeting me and the other attends a nursery, i share his termly summaries with them anyway and they share theirs with me so cant really see the need esp as their is no concerns about childs progress. As i said picking holes!

She observed me and child playing, having lunch, etc and asked a few questions about him/development as we played. She seemed to spend a long time typing or was she playing bejewelled on facebook??? Read all through my SEF questioning me on it, asked about risk assessments, health and safety, what i do with children, where we go activities etc. She went through the learning journals talking abpout each childs progress, concerns about them, if they were at correct stage what i do to meets their needs/next steps, checked i follwed up on next steps. she looked through one childs records, meds form and attendance, flicked through visitor book, read all my policies and portfolio and asked about my future ie what i want to do, training career progression etc.
    Had a chat with the parent when they came to collect asking if they happy and saying that child seems content with me. Told parent that I am very good with their child and have a close relationship and know child well. She didnt realise he lives next door and has known me all his life! lol, we should ave a great relationship, he is at my house playing as much as he is at home! Then she went back over what we had talked about and how i felt it went. Feedback on my strengths/weaknesses and then said my sofas were uncomfortable!!!!! Cheeky moo shouldnt have sat on them so long then! Told me she wont be back for 4 years unless a complaint was made or a change happens like variations to numbers, so i pulled her up that we can decide our own variations now within reason! She apologised and said oh yes, i got that wrong!!! Love it, anyway she then went and i collapsed in a heap on the sofa.

Sorry for the long ramble needed to get it off my chest and share.

2. Likes lubeam liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for the result and displaying patience when complaing about your sofa lol. Nice one :-)

4. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Well done.

Followed your thread this morning, thought the same as everyone else that they would be there by 9.30am if they were coming but I have heard of a few afternoon inspections.

So glad she turned up and that all went well.

Now relax

6. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, glad it went well
    Cherry x

8. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done at least you now get four years before they come again

Allie

10. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    may 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you poor thing,what a day ! Bet you can't believe it's all over. If I was you I would get a takeaway to celebrate.

12. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done now you can relax for four years

14. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done you!

This 'working with schools' thing is starting to irritate me - i have never seen a school report telling teachers to work with their local childminders!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done you

17. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny P View Post
    Feedback on my strengths/weaknesses and then said my sofas were uncomfortable!!!!! Cheeky moo shouldnt have sat on them so long then!
    Well done! I hope you said "Oh are they, I've never get the chance to sit on them long enough to find out!"

19. Likes RuthJ, 3 little ducks, lindyjeho liked this post
    May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

well done you ! bet your pleased you didnt go out ?!

21. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well done

23. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

well done!

25. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RuthJ View Post
    well done!
    Well done you... my ofsted inspector didn't arrive today at all but I only had to wait til 0930 am. Perhaps she'll come tomorrow.... lots of cleaning again tonight and tomorrow as my 3 kids have trashed the place along with mindees - after all it is half terrm!

27. Likes 3 little ducks liked this post
    09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, was so pleased to read all your lovely comments. Celebrated with a rather nice glass of wine and spent some time with my boys who had had to put up with stressy mummy over the weekend getting her sef done!!

09/2012
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Well done you!

This 'working with schools' thing is starting to irritate me - i have never seen a school report telling teachers to work with their local childminders!
    One of my mindees parents is a reception year teacher (in fact all the mums of my lot are in education from reception through to college and SEN so have all bases covered!) I asked her opinion of meeting with childminders and she has never done it or seen the need to. She would meet with them if they wanted to but has never been asked to. Going by my kids its hard enough getting an appointment as a parent as teachers are so busy never mind about someone elses child that is with you less than 2 hours a day 2 times a week and when he comes out of school all he wants to do is chill out and play or draw.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and well done for keeping your cool - uncomfy Sofas - ****** cheek!