Inspection nerves
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection nerves

I have my inspection next week and although I'm confident with what I do I can't help feeling really uneasy about the inspection process! This will be my 3rd inspection over the years and they never seem to get easier!

She has asked to see a sef but I have never done one before and really can't get my head around them? Is there any point me spending all weekend trying to do one?

Registered Childminder since
    July 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Defo! I had my inspection last week. Report has just come through and it looks like she used my sef to help write it!! It's your chance to blow your trumpet while you can think clearly! If you pm me with your email, i'll help you. Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minty25 View Post
    Yes! Defo! I had my inspection last week. Report has just come through and it looks like she used my sef to help write it!! It's your chance to blow your trumpet while you can think clearly! If you pm me with your email, i'll help you. Xx
    I'm new to this site and have no idea what I'm doing sorry? How do I send u my email? I have made a start on the sef but I seem to b going on a bit?

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If you click on the member's name - the option comes up to send them a private message.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank u I think I have sent it but as my inspection is possibly tomorro I think iv done all I can do?

Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sef

I personally would not bother ever again with a sef as the inspector didnt even look at it on my last inspection! Id sent it to them beforehand but she said she didnt get it. Its optional to do a sef so I wouldnt bother again!

7. Likes cindyn207 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea a few people have said that! Thank u! X

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent one afternoon writing my SEF and basically I just wrote a good overview of what I do when and what an average day looks like how I keep the children healthy and safe how I help development and how I obtain views of parents.i gushed a bit about how much I enjoy my job and plans I have for the future. Today I got the call and she said from reading my SEF she's looking forward to the visit x

Post Thanks / Like

My inspector wants to see it when she's here I thought it might b good for her to b reading that instead of watching me? She is coming tomorro and iv only wrote half of it! X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minty25 View Post
    Thank u so much for your email! It helped loads just know that I was on the right track with my own sef! Iv just had my inspection this morning and after staying up until 2 am to complete the sef she was really impressed with it! It wasn't half as long as yours either so you must b really proud of yours it was super! X

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

I have my 1st inspection this week, very very nervous. I have tried filling out my sef but not sure im on the right track, can I be cheeky and asked to see a copy of yours.
    Many thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plantpot View Post
    I have my 1st inspection this week, very very nervous. I have tried filling out my sef but not sure im on the right track, can I be cheeky and asked to see a copy of yours.
    Many thanks
    Plantpot your SEF should be your boasting book - your chance to show off and say how you improve outcomes for the children.

A SEF from someone else form simply won't do that for you... you need to focus on you!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for your reply

Hi Sarah

Thanks for that yes I know what you are saying and thanks for the tips I just wanted to make sure I had included eveything and not missed anything, just read it back and im actually quite inpressed ha ha

july 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i had my first grading inspection last week, i didn't fill in my SEF , i told the inspector i was too busy doing the cypop 5 course and forgot all about the SEF. She was ok with it , i just made some notes on about what i wanted to add to the business, other training i would like to do etc . Try not to worry about it too much has the whole experience isnt as bad as you think its going to be x

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

cindyn207 thanks for that ill give her what I have done and hopefully that will be good enough, thanks for the reassurance ill feel better when its over though x