How far are ofsted running behind??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How far are ofsted running behind??

Hi ladies, I am new to this, everyone seems lovely,and each post has helped me lots.

I have been childminding now for 3 years, my last ofsted inspection was Oct 2009, so I thought I was due Oct this year. Well I have heard nothing. Does anyone know how long this is taking at the moment.

Thanks for any replies.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all.

x

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My last one was January 2009, looking through inspection reports someone in my area had one jan 2011 and another one November 2012.
    Assuming the second was not due to a complaint I would say they are doing them randomly (as we have been told by d/o) and its anyone's guess when your next inspection might be, will definetly be by sep 2015 (I think that's the end of these round of inspections)

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a Development Officer they will be able to tell you - in my area inspections are running a year late - wish I'd known that a year ago when I was due I will be expecting a call in January

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The current inspection cycle has been scrapped as they were so far behind. Everyone will therefore be inspected between now and 2016 in a vague order of:
    never inspected under previous EYFS
    satisfactory gradings
    everyone else

hth

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine was feb 2009 so was officially due this feb just gone.

but, the inspection 'cycle' is 3 years - 2009 to 2012 so if you had an inspection during that period you won't have another until the new inspection cycle which started sept 2012 apparently (not sure how they work those dates out - lol).

now given there will be lots of people due from jan 2009 onwards, I'd say you were on a pretty safe bet it'll be a while yet - but don't quote me on it. I'm expecting mine any day now.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my last one was December 2008! I was sort of ready this time last year, definitely ready a month ago thinking it MUST be before Christmas, but still waiting