Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When will Ofsted come to me?

Hello,
    I was registered in November but we are moving house in January so thought I would wait until then to start minding, however now I am having to have a hip replacement, possibly in March!
    I will let Ofsted know when I have moved etc but will they still want to come out 6 months after I have registered? After my hip is done I will prob start minding after 2-3 months.

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it varies depending on which area you are in. It took them a year to visit me! I would ring them and let them know your circumstances as it is a bit pointless coming to visit you a few weeks before you move as they would have to come back to inspect your new house.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJellybean View Post
    Hello,
    I was registered in November but we are moving house in January so thought I would wait until then to start minding, however now I am having to have a hip replacement, possibly in March!
    I will let Ofsted know when I have moved etc but will they still want to come out 6 months after I have registered? After my hip is done I will prob start minding after 2-3 months.
    Ofsted will not come and inspect if you have no mindees. This would be the same if you had mindees and they have all left. Ring Ofsted and let them know; obviously it would be pointless them coming to inspect if you haven't been able to start minding!

HTH

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    Ofsted will not come and inspect if you have no mindees. This would be the same if you had mindees and they have all left. Ring Ofsted and let them know; obviously it would be pointless them coming to inspect if you haven't been able to start minding!

HTH
    I had a friend that was inspected when she didnt have any mindees, they observed her with her own children and looked through all her paperwork, they gave her a satisactory. Seemed very strange to me.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I had a friend that was inspected when she didnt have any mindees, they observed her with her own children and looked through all her paperwork, they gave her a satisactory. Seemed very strange to me.
    I agree. I don't know how she showed evidence, such as learning journals as these should be given to parents when mindees leave. This seems harsh, especially as surely you act a bit different with your own children than you do with someone elses; I wonder if she could have got a higher grade if she had had mindees?