Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just had the call!!

OMG, just had the call, my first inspection will be either Tuesday or Wednesday next week!!
    I have just gone into an absolute panic
    I am dreading it, I am glad I have nearly a week to prepare myself but at the same time I know I am going to dwell on things too.
    My daughter HATES people she doesn't know coming into our house so she will probably have a meltdown at the inspector being here and my mindee that I have on those days does the exact opposite and hides or goes very shy and quiet.
    Need to think of an activity that will keep my little madam happy and calm but encourage my mindee to come out of his shell whilst the inspector is here.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it help if your daughter went to a relative or friend for the day? Ofsted arent interested in how you interact with your own , only mindees.
    i had a friends ds for the same reason. for my own inspection my ds did play up a little , nothing too major , the inspector was completely understanding - they are human too. Usually!

3. Likes mum24 liked this post
    May 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

i had my graded inspection yesterday and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. she was lovely and chatted to me like she knew me for ages

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I'm considering seeing if MIL is free to have DD lol, but would that not look a little strange as I said on the phone I have a DD the same age as my mindee?
    The inspector sounded lovely on the phone, I hope she is when she comes here too!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are worried about your dd being unhappy about someone in the house then there's nothing wrong with organising a play date for her.

You need to concentrate during your inspection - but as others have said the inspector will be watching how you deal with the children, not trying to trip you up.

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on!

7. Likes mum24 liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I offloaded my dd for my inspection and I wholeheartedly recommend if she is likely to be a monkey!

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone, I have decided if they come tomorrow I'll risk having DD here as I will only have her and one other mindee. If they don't come tomorrow I have asked MIL if she will have DD on Wednesday because I will have 2 mindees that day.
    I just want it over with now lol!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Katrina* View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I have decided if they come tomorrow I'll risk having DD here as I will only have her and one other mindee. If they don't come tomorrow I have asked MIL if she will have DD on Wednesday because I will have 2 mindees that day.
    I just want it over with now lol!
    I just wanted to say good luck, stay calm and please let us know how you get on x

I'm due my first inspection any day now. DH is primed to take the day off should it fall on a Tuesday to take DS (aged nearly 4) out for the day - DS plays up every time when someone new comes to the house and on Tuesdays I have three children all day - DS and two mindees aged 14 & 15mths.

Really hoping I get the call after Christmas now - I've only got three more weeks working before then

Jan 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my I feel sick! I really hope it is today, I want it over with otherwise I'll be like this tomorrow too!
    I got up extra early so that I could make lunch and keep it in the fridge ready so I don't have to faff about if the inspector is here over lunchtime.
    Got some ideas for activities in mind and also put together a basket of toys and books in case my shy mindee wants to hide away - otherwise he'll sit and not move. Will let you all know how it goes.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You sound pretty organised which is brilliant.

Hopefully it will be today, good luck, I'm sure it will go well

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for today or tomorrow - hope all goes well for you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!