Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Social services

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Social services

Hi just wondered if any body can help jut had a call from social services about one of the children I care for asking how he is when in caring for him any concerns etc which I don't have any.

However this is a friends child and he is seeing a speech therapist etc as had some delays but we are aware of these and I explained these are my concerns and I told them about this.

He only started a few weeks ago and only comes once a week but did miss a few days due to having ear infection and biting his nails to point they was sore but that has stopped now he also got burnt few weeks ago not while in my care I know this does not sound good but he is young and I know he is very well cared about just want to know do social services contact ofsted to advise I'm caring for a child that's been inspected and do they come to childminders without notice to see them and look through records etc

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is not unusual for a child who has been taken to hospital with a burn to have a follow up check from social services.

They are alerted by the hospital and, while the parent is not treated as a safeguarding risk, obviously that is something they are thinking about because you'd need a very good reason for a child to get burned.

The call you received will be part of their safeguarding process and they will put your information with evidence from the doctor and other sources and then follow up with a meeting with mum.

Remember that the call will most likely have been confidential so you can't go telling mum it's happened.

I hope everything is ok for the child xx

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, just thought I'd mention that it might be an idea to change your username on here. You never know how things could be misconstrued.
    My first minded child was known to ss and I know it can be a bit alarming [esp if you're a new minder] to get a call from them. Try not to worry too much, they are only doing their job.
    Happy to offer a friendly ear if you want to pm me.