Help Activities for my Ofsted Inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Activities for my Ofsted Inspection

Hi I have just received a call for my Ofsted inspection for this Wednesday, can someone help with a great idea for a 17mth old and a nearly 3 year old. That would look good for Ofsted, and would keep them entertained for a while. Thanks, Nicky

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Go and collect leaves and do leaf printing/rubbing when inspection on following on from previous activity, make sure you tell her this....
    We did mega block printing a couple of weeks ago then had the bricks out to play with, build towers and talked about colours.....
    3 year old helping to set table
    Choosing their own snack from a plate of healthy options
    Reading stories using puppets/ props
    Last week we did a day on ducks Sang 5 little ducks, printed off colourable then older child can help cut out a duck using scissors with help, young one could do yellow finger painting on duck shape.....

Good luck xxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with a tried and tested old favourite. An inspection is not the time to try something new and find they don't like it/get bored/it doesn't work out/you haven't got the resources etc. What do they love doing with you? Go with that. It will be fine.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said - do something the children like doing but just try to include some next steps that you observed last time. I got picked up last time as I wrote for a next step to finger painting "try some gloop next time", the inspector asked if I had tried Gloop and I had to say "No". Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I'd stick with a tried and tested old favourite. An inspection is not the time to try something new and find they don't like it/get bored/it doesn't work out/you haven't got the resources etc. What do they love doing with you? Go with that. It will be fine.
    I agree with this - you know your children so base activities on what they like doing or just be prepared to go with the flow.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!