Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first inspection next week - scared!!

hi all,
    right i have my first graded inspection either next Tuesday or Wednesday.
    i thought i wouldnt have it til after 1st September so will admit to being a bit ( alot!) behind with my paperwork!!
    i have all the new obs/planning sheets etc ready to go with the new sections on it( thanks Sarah!) but i have not done any obs for the old EYFS. I am now panicking and trying to work out what i need to do first. Add into all this my daughters 5th birthday, her starting reception, moving house early september so house full of boxes and its fair to say i'm worried!

Right..and breathe......
    I have got :-

all my policies up to date
    all training up to date
    all Ra's updated and ready including all outings etc
    Learning journeys started with all about me and initial starting points.
    I do a daily diary for the little ones (aged 11 months and 3 years) but not for me(i will start this now)
    Fire evacuation sheets and sleeping baby checks done and completed
    visitors book
    The SEF printed out(as the online one is changing) i will have this filled in- thanks again to Sarah for your fab ebook
    Full permission forms
    References from both of the childs parents

sorry its so long- i could back date the obs sheets but i dont want it to be obvious that this is what i have done.
    Do i just accept i havent been doing it in enough detail and put this down as areas that i know i need to improve on?

any advice at all would be great

Ive been told that the inspector i am having is very paperwork focussed and quite tough, which isnt helping!!

Thanks so much
    Stacey

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I do get very nervous at inspections you have to remember they are not out to get you, it's just an assessment of where you are now with a third party opinion of what you could improve to make things better for the children.

Relax treat it like any other day, if it was good enough last week for the children then it will be good enough for the Inspection day.

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Try and be yourself, remember if kids act up/ kick off all is not lost you'll be showing how you handle and redirect situations.
    Remember don't over talk for the children, enhanse their play and ask questions to expand their thinking.
    I'd save a well known loved activity just in case children loose interest to bring out which you know will go down well.
    Good luck! x

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it's tomorrow so you get it ouT of the way

Try to relax and act confidently, even if you're shaking inside - remember you do a great job, you just need to show the inspector how great

Make yourself a list of anything you want the inspector to know or see and make sure you tell/point it out to them - don't assume, even if something is out on display that the inspector will notice it.

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!