First graded inspection in the morning!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First graded inspection in the morning!!

Ok, feeling relatively calm.... Managed to palm off my own 2 year old to my sister while I scribbled some guff in my SEF and I THINK I have everything in order. Now just two very tiny points:

1. What sort of tricky questions should I be prepared for (and why can't they just refer to the SEF that I've busted a gut to complete?!!)

2. Any votes for the best activities to engage a (VERY) active 17 mth old and my 2 year old who has just decided she is very clingy - probably because I've been neglecting her...?

One other small point - our garden is not registered so outdoor activities are not on the cards. This is especialy bad as we go outside every day to a park or whatever, and usually first thing - which, of course, is when Mrs O will be here.

Urrrgghh, ok, not calm now

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't do anything different from your routine or the children will realise and probably play up.

Questions will definitely be on safeguarding - make sure you know your policy and procedures.

Good luck!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah, and yeah I know - change of routine will probably end in meltdown, we usually go to an amazing playgroup for childminders on a Wednesday morning!!

Plus, the LO I have tomorrow has been away on holiday and it had taken ages previously to get her not to scream as soon as her dad dropped her off! Ah well, I am just hoping that Mrs O doesn't arrive just as LO is being dropped off as she will see her at her worst, plus LO will be extra unsettled at a new face. Although weirdly, at groups she is amazingly confident and usually goes and makes friends with a completely random adult every time we attend.

I also realise my question about activities was a bit flippant as I know her likes/dislikes best (apart from her parents). However, she is very into messy play - seems to send her into a trance?! - so I will probably do something she hasdone before but have some extra things to chuck in should her concentration waiver after 1 minute!

Thanks for the luck - am hoping it isn't necessary and that my super setting is enough to earn me a decent rating

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck and let us know how you get on

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a GOOD!!!

She said I was satisfactory in a few areas but mainly where I hadn't had a chance to prove I was good - can't for the life of me remember what areas exactly so will have to await my report I guess.

I don't post much on here but I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from you lot, so thanks!!

LadyC xxxx

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Lady C

Penny1959 Guest

Excellent - very well done

Penny

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Good today too!! Bet like me you can't keep the grin off your face and your glad its over!!

Well done

melco

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Now you can relax Hx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers all! And yes, Melco, I know exactly how you feel. I have always been of the opinion that grading shouldn't necessarily matter - as long as the children and parents are happy, who cares? But it is a lovely bonus....

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well done you xx