A bit of leeway about documents from Sept 12
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Penny1959 Guest

Default A bit of leeway about documents from Sept 12

In response to another thread about revised EYFS, I contacted my contact at Ofsted - in the response was a little bit of information about paperwork in September - so I thought would post seperately.

Dear Penny

I do not know where this information has come from. We will expect all providers to use the new EYFS from 1 September onwards. We have said that we do not expect all providers to have necessarily changed all their documents by 1 September but the clear expectation is that everyone will know about and use the new EYFS

Best wishes

Divisional Manager Early Years and Childcare
    Ofsted

So as I say a little bit of leeway for those of us who may not have completed all the changes by 1st September.

Of course we will need to be able to explain the changes we need to make and I am sure the time frame for leeway will be short.

Penny
    Last edited by Penny1959; 28-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Penny, always helpful to know.

Sam x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks penny, that may prove useful

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am very surprised by that one Penny... and wonder if inspectors will have the same view.

When the EYFS first came in back in Sept 2008 inspectors were expecting to see it in use immediately.

I remember a flurry of actions and unsatisfactory inspection reports... there was absolutely no bedding in time.