Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Very worried!!

Registered Childminder since
    jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Very worried!!

Hi there,

I am going to moving and working from a new address as of next month.
    the house i am moving to is half the size i am in now (marriage breakdown so im having to leave and start again)

I am filling out the variation form provided by Ofsted and they state certain measurement requirements. I know roughly how big the rooms are, not exact until i move in as the landlord is away and no way of getting this information until next week.

I'm worried because it's smaller it will affect my numbers im allowed. It has a small living room and kitchen with a large outdoor area. The bathroom is upstairs (steep stairs) but i intend to use space wisely and obviously never leave the children unattended when going upstairs as currently they are used to the bathroom being on the ground floor.

Just looking at advice please. I know some childminders work from flats etc so I shouldn't panic, just used to loads of space

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

There are guidelines in the EYFS document (and on the variation form) of how much space each child needs according to their age so you should be able to work out roughly whether you will be able to have the same numbers you do atm.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

But do they base it on per room or the area of the whole floor?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is on the whole area used for childminding - there is also a guide as to which rooms you can and cannot count.

On the last variation form I filled in you had to give the overall space and then there was a section to put each room individually.

If you are very worried why not give Ofsted a ring and see if they can set your mind at rest.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

A childminding friend of mine moved to a smaller house. I am sure she just submitted a risk assessment with a floor plan. I don't remember her completing a variation. Angy

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi

i live in a tiny tiny tiny 2 bed house and am reg for full number, my garden is small aswell.

x