Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default How much is too much

Hi, I'm new to childminding having only been registered a couple of months. I have one child and my own and up to now have planned based on times of year (Christmas), and what I know my son likes. This month I'm using and the mindee's likes (vehicles). Now I'm been in a two full months i need to get my paperwork (endless ) in order. So what i need to know is how much planning do i need to document. I have just begin obs and I don't now how much planning is needed by the inspectors. Please help.
    Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If the child is under 3 the planning you will need to show should start with observations and move onto following child's interests though next steps / individualised ideas to meet his needs.

if the child is over 3 you will do the same, but you might also choose to involve them in group activities following eg the seasons, animals if they have visited the farm or zoo or have an interest in dinosaurs, weather outside, special times of the year, people who help us following a trip to the fire station etc.

Plan briefly against the Eyfs areas of learning and development and note on the child's paperwork what he has enjoyed doing.

Hth

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    If the child is under 3 the planning you will need to show should start with observations and move onto following child's interests though next steps / individualised ideas to meet his needs.

if the child is over 3 you will do the same, but you might also choose to involve them in group activities following eg the seasons, animals if they have visited the farm or zoo or have an interest in dinosaurs, weather outside, special times of the year, people who help us following a trip to the fire station etc.

Plan briefly against the Eyfs areas of learning and development and note on the child's paperwork what he has enjoyed doing.

Hth
    Oh you star, thank you. Both are under three so I will now focus on the obs more closely, and highlighting the EYFS grid i have. Is there a set number to be completed?